New ebay'r need help!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, May 22, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Well there is a gu*tar on ebay that I want. It is from a new seller, but he has had 6 buys with good feedback. Im a newbie also. What is the best payemnt option I can use that will guarantee my money or purchase.

Someone told me Paypal will refund you if the items is not sent to you. Is this true. Help, Im poor and I dont want to lose the $$$ even if it is just a few $$$'s.
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm curious.......bumpers
  3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I would say paypal is the safest payment. That's what I use on large purchases.
  4. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    If he has good feedback (even if it's 6) chances are he's (at least a little) trustworthy. If it's pretty expensive, I'd say go with PayPal... otherwise money orders are a safe bet.
  5. odie

odie Supporting Member

So PapPal gives a person alittle more guarantee???
  6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    u hit it good with the "little" part

7. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    use paypal and if you get ripped off, go through your credit card company, NOT paypal. you'll get faster results and/or your money back at least until they prove they have sent you the correct and described item... i got ripped a few times :mad: and after sending discover after them i got my stuff AND an apology PRONTO!!! they are very adamanet about fraud on both ends of the spectrum... and like i said, you get the full refund until you get it that's much better than the little percentage that paypal guarantees! (of course this means you will have to use your credit card to pay and not your checking account) ;)
  8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    give us the link to the auction.
  9. odie

odie Supporting Member

10. odie

odie Supporting Member

I hope I'm not shunned from the bass community!!