New EBS DynaVerb pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Sep 23, 2002.

1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I personally don't see any use for a reverb pedal for bass (don't need one live, and for recording I'd rather use studio effects). What do you think?
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Actually this is the one effects pedal that I might be interested in! ;)

When I play at home though my mixing desk, I often add a little digital reverb and it sounds great for solos.

So it can muddy the sound for "normal" bass lines; but I've often thought it would be quite nice to be able to introduce some (high-quality) reverb for the odd solo, high up the neck.

So I play ideas at home that sound good with a bit of reverb, but sound quite "flat" just through the amp.

What I usually do is play differently depending on the acoustic conidtions and generally I can't be bothered with pedals as they add noise and are flimsy - too much plastic.

I have searched around and people have said to me that there isn't really a decent reverb pedal - somebody in a shop said that you would never get decent sound qualitywith batteries (although I must says I didn't pay too much attention to this) and that a decent rack unit was cheaper now anyway.

But I do like EBs gear - I actually bought an Octabass - and was impressed with the build quality etc.

I must admit this is the first piece of gear that has tempted me for about 3-4 years!! :D

Thanks Anders :
  3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    You're welcome! :) If you try it out, please report!
  4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    but when will they make a delay!

:( :mad:
  5. bass and delay? :rolleyes:

Looks cool to me, I have a friend that is very interested in reverbs. He'll be happy to hear that EBS is making one.

(I'd like to see an EBS phaser btw)