Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New EBS NEO cabs!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bas_anton, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Check out their new website www.ebs.bass.se

(from ebs)
    NEO Performance Size - [Available September 2004]
    Built with same dimensions as the Evolution Proline 2000, these cabinets offer the solution for the demanding situations, where high power handling together with unmatched performance is required.

The performance series consists of the NEO-210 (500-1000W RMS) and NEO-212 (600-1200W RMS) cabinets.

2. Hi!

I'm a user of EBS, proud and won't change for something else... ;)
    But I watch the site and din't saw the 210 and 212, they are speaking only of 110 and 112!!!
    Where did you see this?? :confused:
    A link please....

Vince

3. you just have to scroll down, but you don't see the scrollbars very good:)

4. Ha ha! ;)
    No sincerely, I scrolled and didn't saw this, I read the review there it isn't speaking about 210 and 212!
    I will re read...

Vince

5. Okay Okay!

I was wrong I admit it! :rollno:
    I looked in the news field but it was at the products field I had to look at! :p
    New NEO cabs??

Perhaps I'll sell my 2000 line 2*10s to buy those! :D
    Wait and see....
    Thanks for the tips Swedish friend! :smug:

Et merci beaucoup ami Belge... ;)

Vince

6. I'm not from the french speaking part of Belgium, but from Flanders, anyway, nevermind.
    what's so special about the neo cabs anyway?

7. Sorry....

They are smaller!
    The weight is les than pro line 2000!
    The power is bigger 400 Watts for Pro Line 2000 versus 500 Watts for NEOs!!!!

Better cabs so!
    Unbelievable!

This is why I must consider If I need to change my cabs or to keep them...
    Perhaps I won't need much power! I ever have a lot....

;)
    Vince

8. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Strange thing, the 210neo cab has disapeared from the ebs website.

9. yes i read about them some month ago too but it´s gone now.
    but they are on their way because i´ve seen them in a guitar mag here in sweden. it was a picture of the prototypes of the 2x10 and 2x12 stacked with a td650 ontop of ém.
    could it possibly come a 4x10neo later?
    they do make great stuff.

10. Bump! I found this pic on the website of a Swedish Music Store ( www.jam.se ):

[​IMG]

The site says that they have already tried out the prototypes and were very impressed - but that´s sales talk of course. The expected release date is around Christmas. Very, very interesting...

11. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    W? Who cares about watts?

What about f? The frequency output is what's it's all about. The loudness is just a matter of surface... :scowl:

12. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    So great, it s exactly the gear I want to buy this year.
    I was waiting for ebs neo cabs with more power.
    :D :bassist:

13. strah

strah

Oct 1, 2004
    Stockholm/Sweden
    the new NEO-210 and NEO-212 is out at www.jam.se
    This is what they say about them. Excuse my poor translation =)

EBS NEO-210. Just as small as the original 2x10"-cab. Weight; 19kg, Sensitivity 1W 1m 98dB (200Hz), 100dB (2.5kHz), max 500W RMS! Price 9.465SEK (ca 1031€)

EBS NEO-212. 8 cm lower than te original 2x12"-cab. Weight 23kg, Seneitivity 1W 1m 100dB (200Hz), 109dB (2.5kHz), max 600W RMS Price 10.685SEK (ca 1170€)

I want them both!!
    I was at a christmas party last week and the bassist in the band had a HD350 one NEO-110 and one NEO-112. It sounded amazing!! He was a hell of a player as well.

14. Ouch! I haven´t GASsed this bad since the 1997 pea-soup eating marathon! There´s just way too much cool gear and way too little money :(

15. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The EBS site was just updated with info about these cabs.
    BTW the new 212 and 210 have black grills instead of chrome. Looks great IMO.