Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Eden/Berg Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by petch, Sep 5, 2003.

1. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I finally took the plunge and upgraded from a combo. My lovely wife bought me this for our 25th anniversary: Eden WT-550 head and a Bergantino HT-112 cabinet. A terrific ultra compact rig! The tone is much sweeter and more refined than what I am used to, and the amp has plenty of oomph.I was going to get the Aguilar 112 but changed my mind at the last minute. All I can say is that it sounds AWESOME! The Berg is an exceptionally fine little box that puts out much more sound than you could possibly imagine if you haven't heard one. Sorry no pics at the moment... I'll get some going as soon as I add the EX-112 cabinet!

2. You will love the HT/EX combo, HUGE!
    I question if the 550 is enough power though. Hope it is, I don't know the specs. Check with Jim Bergantino, he will be happy to talk to you. He IS one of the best customer service people you will find. Congradulations.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Congrats! I have a WT-550 into a pair of Bag End S15-Ds, and am very impressed with this little head. Enjoy!

4. Heavy,
    You and I are very close in location...
    Are you interested in either of my Bergantino HT Cabs? I have the HT322 for $800.00 and the HT212 for $650.00. Both for $1400.00. I live just inside Indiana/Illinois boarder. I'll even drive to your place if you are interested.

5. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Here's my Berg rig. I also run these cabs with a AMP BH420 which is 400 watts @ 4 ohms and it sounds great.
    [​IMG]

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Your wife needs to talk to my wife! :D But then, we've only been married 8 years. I always thought that the 25th meant silver, but I guess the new paradigm is that it means "bass gear!" :bassist:

That is a very nice setup! You are really going to dig it once you add a second cab.

Enjoy, Tom.

7. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Reefer, you bastage! That rig is schweet! Which WW amp is that? Have you been happy with it? I would think that it would drive those Berg's quite nicely.

Tom.

8. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    It's a 1200 watt Ultra. Oh yeah, I'm happy with it:bassist:

9. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio

Drool......

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    seriously! nice rigs guys! :bassist:

11. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Bass gear with silver grilles :cool:

12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Thanks, but I'm quite fond of my Bags...