new edition of Bottesini Quintet

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by basscomp, Mar 3, 2003.

1. basscomp

Feb 7, 2003
    New York, NY
    :bassist: :) Some thirty years ago, when I was principal bass of the Orchestra Sinfonica di Bari, I discovered, in the library of the Conservatorio Niccolo Piccini, under a pile of bass music, handwritten copies of parts to a string quintet of G. Bottesini, "Gran Quintetto in Do." After many years, I have finally coordinated the parts, recopied them, edited them for inconsistencies (of which many were in evidence), revised some of the markings which were obviously the whim of the copyist, and collated them into a score. This piece is now available.
    The quintet is in four movements and, unlike much of Bottesini's work, has the bass in a supportive role rather than a soloistic one. (The first violin part is the difficult one!) The piece reflects, I think, Bottesini's operatic style, which tends toward the lyrical and dramatic. The piece is very charming, and appealing, with a terrific exciting final movement in a Tarantella rhythm and a grand fugal finale.
    I have performed the piece a number of times over the years with a poorly made set of parts. Now the piece should be much more easy to put together with a clearly written score and well copied parts.
    I would be happy to answer any questions about the piece. I am publishing it through my company Music Door Editions. Please feel free to contact me. Thanks.
  2. That sounds great! I'd definitely be interested in a copy.

How can we order it?
  3. Shlomobaruch

Dec 31, 2002
    Boise, ID
    Yes, please, I'm very interested. Not just in the score, but how do you *find* stuff like that? I guess I need to go to Italy...
  4. Please tell me how I can get a copy.
  5. C.Bereau

Jun 14, 2007
    I'm really interested in ordering this score. How can I do that?
    Thanks in advance, have a nice day.
    Christophe Béreau
  6. bottesinou

Jun 18, 2008

I am very interested in this quintet, but I didnt found your music edition.
    Is it possible to order the parts?
    my e-mail :

Thank you very much;

7. drswank

Jan 13, 2009
    Logan, Utah
    Has anyone been able to get their hands on this? I am very interested in getting this piece. Is there a website or email address I can use? Please help!
  8. basscomp

Feb 7, 2003
    New York, NY
    Please contact me for information about obtaining the score and parts. Thank you.