new effects processor setup.. what should I keep?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrWr0ng, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Well, I did it... I bought a Lexicon MPX-1 ( ) and a Behringer FCB1010 ( ) foot board to control it with. Total ran me about $550 thanks to ebay.

Now, my current effects pedals are a Boss Bass EQ, Boss Delay, Crybaby Wah and Ernie Ball Volume pedal... what should I keep, and what should I sell? I'm thinking I should probably sell everything but the volume pedal, then I could use one of the expression pedals for wah, one of them for delay decay, and then use the volume pedal as a separate pedal for all the volume control, and I can ditch the other pedals and try to make back some of the investment.

I don't know anything about programming effects processors though, so although I'm fairly confident the MPX-1 can recreate all the effects I've been doing (mostly a combo of delay / wah) , I'm just not 100%. any opinions?
  2. Keep your analog wah and volume pedal. The delay and EQ are probably redundant with the Lexicon don't you think? Wah is something you'd really want to keep analog IMO.