New EHX 6-track looper 95000 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassheart365, Jan 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bassheart365

Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    Do you think this will dethrone the Boss RC-300 as the most advanced looper?

Electro-Harmonix

2. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    With full midi control I don't see how this won't be the best looper on the market. That said, despite my love of EHX I don't think too many pedalboards will see 95x--it seems more like a looper for artists like Reggie Watts than instrumental musicians, given the control you need to have over this. I will keep the 720.

dukeorock likes this.
  3. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    Curious why you say that? I’m very new to this...like, just got a 95000 today. Learning curve for sure, but I’m enjoying it and can see a lot of possibilities...I think :)

4. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    If you can make it work for you, awesome! And for sure it is the most versatile looper you can find. But the controls seem to really benefit from having it at keyboard level where you can utilize and change the different functions as you go. You might find some work-arounds, but it would seem to lose a lot of its usefulness if you are treating it like a usual stomp-box looper.

That said, I have become increasingly convinced the 22500 might be the looper for me after all!

dukeorock likes this.
  5. dukeorock

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Good for you! Always nice to find the right tool for the job.
    Oddly, you’re right about the 95000...I’ve been making loops, then picking it up off the floor to process it... might need a midi foot controller :)

6. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    If you figure out how to properly midi it post your results. As soon as we saw it my guitarist starting ranting about the 95000 and if there is a way to use it on stage effectively you would he a hero to the people!

dukeorock likes this.
  7. dukeorock

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I’m contacting their help department with some other questions, so if I find out, I’ll post! Doesn’t seem like too many bass players are interested in the 95000 anyway, but I’ll post what I find out. I will say, even if you kept it on the floor, it has a lot of things going for it...it was expensive but so far I’m glad I got it :)

Being and Bass likes this.
  8. dukeorock

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Been enjoying the 95000. Slowly learning how to do live loops, on solo bass. My fader moves are still a bit clumsy, but I’ve been having fun trying stuff

BigBeatNut likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021