1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New EHX switchblade

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by G3Mitch, Dec 6, 2011.

1. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
  2. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    The LS-2 offers you a level control, but if you don't need that, this would seem to be an effective solution for two FX chains, etc.

3. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    i didnt realise that.. i havent had ANY experience with line selectors. if youve set all your pedals roughly to a sort of unity volume would a level control have any use?

i mainly want one to switch between 2 dirt chains.. one with VT and Rat Tail, and one with Swollen Pickle and Bass synth. theyr all set to about the same volume.. but i believe a line selector would solve my problem of having to switch off the VT to use the Swollen Pickle. Correct me if im wrong!

4. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I see the LS-2 mentioned on here when folks want to, say, blend a fuzz pedal into their clean signal, or isolate off a pedal with tone suck when it is off.

5. Internet Police

Internet Police

Sep 4, 2011
    I need to remember this. It will indubitably prove handy.

6. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    so what would u recomend for what i need?

keeping in mind i will never use the swollen pickle with the Vt or Rat. the only reason i want it is to kill the VT and turn on the SP without having to tap 2 pedals in the situation where the change happens in the structure of a song or jam and i want to change tones.
    or can this not be done ? i was under the impression switching to the B chain would kill the A chain?

7. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    1977 Gibson G-3
    >Boss TU-2
    >Dunlop 535Q
    >Digitech Whammy
    >Bass Big Muff
    >MXR phase 90
    >MXR Carbon Copy
    >Marshall Vibatrem
    >EHX Holy Grail
    >Line 6 DL4
    Orange 100W Crushpix

considering that your profile doesn't have the vt or pickle on it, please provide more information.

if you want to go between 2 loops you can do this with n ls-2 but you may need a second selector for further bypasses.

8. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    yeah sorry that is a little out of date. ive cut alot of that from the board.

Bass
    >TU-3
    >Whammy
    >Big muff(being replaced by Rat Tail)
    >VT Bass
    >Swollen Pickle
    >Bass synth
    >Carbon Copy
    >Line 6 DL4
    Amp

excuse my ignorance.. further bypasses?
    i would like to switch between those 2 loops mentioned above,
    while still being able to use the whammy, carbon copy, dl4 on both loops.
    Is this completely ridiculous haha. like i said no experience with line selectors.

9. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
  10. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

Nov 2, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    On the plus side, it's fully passive and only needs a battery for the leds: would be good for switching amps.

11. +1. Or amp channels.

If you are looking to change loops of pedals, you will want to go with a true bypass looper, or an LS-2. Something that has send and return jacks for your effect. The switchblade will only split your signal, then it is up to you to find a way to put it back together.

12. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    oooh k LS-2 it is!

just one more thing to make sure..
    if i am playing the VT and Rat and switch to the B chain, I can leave effects on A chain engaged without them affecting B chain?

thanks for the help!

13. If the LS-2 is in A<->B mode it will switch from your VT loop only to your Pickle loop only when you hit the switch and back to the VT loop when you hit it again.

14. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    cool thats exactly what i need.
    thanks again.