1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW ELECTRO-HARMONIX SITE! Anybody else notice it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JanusZarate, Mar 17, 2008.

1. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    The new site kicks some serious butt.

www.ehx.com

They completely revamped it, and made it easy to get to demo videos, too.

I think this quells our frustrations. :D

They still need more samples on bass...

2. the micro pog video is trippy
    who is that woman lol

i like it

I dont like peter stroud for some reason though...he annoys me. maybe its the accent?

3. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Yeah, they posted a bulletin on myspace about it. It's really nicely laid out...they did a great job.

4. Yeah I noticed they didn't add all the pedals right away though. The first time I checked it out there was no soul preacher. Now there is, but I don't know if they're done yet. I also noticed that the Russian muff is on the new site. I wonder if the other Russian pedals will be put up again. It always bothered me that they weren't represented on the old site.

5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Finally.

It shouldn't make a difference in terms of buying gear, but it always bothered me that EHX had such a terrible site before. For a large pedal manufacturer it was shockingly bad.

The redesigned site is great. Clean, easy to navigate and with plenty of multimedia, though I agree they need more samples, specifically bass samples.

Oh, and I think it's cool that those "unofficial demos" from Michael Leonhart are now becoming official. I thought they were cool. I saw the Micro Pog one but do they have the Knockout/SMM/SEM etc ones too?

6. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Cool site. Also, anyone notice the new XO Q-Tron on there? Looks cool. I think it is pretty much the same as the XO+ but without the loop. Guess it will be slightly cheaper - that is the one for me! Oh, and the logo is GREEN! :D

Didn't see a thread about it, but I'm guessing that one will be appearing fairly shortly if I am the first to see it...

7. new site looks good, now we just need a preview of the XO BMS.

8. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Nope, I saw it first. :D

It also lacks a "Response" knob. They changed the "Sweep" switch to a knob where the "Response" knob used to be.

Feel free to start a thread, though. ;)

9. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Damn. Any idea on price? I need to work out whether the money saved will balance out the loss of that one knob! (I'm not bothered about the loop)

10. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Yea i noticed that too, looks like they are really making a lot of their pedals into XO form.

11. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Are they really going to do that? That would be sweet!

12. mrbungle

mrbungle

Nov 13, 2000
    tampere, finland
    BAD MOVE!!! Search engines won't index that Flash monstrosity, it's not usable with mobile devices (popular in Asia, increasingly popular elsewhere), cannot bookmark product "pages", hard to read on a BIG (24" and up) screen when maximized, etc...

13. Well, they indeed use the E-H industrial design for their web site, too.

--Kent

14. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    They could get around that by including a 'handheld' stylesheet so that if someone navigates to the site without flash, there would be an alternate, text and image based site. They haven't done that though. When I go to it on my Blackberry, it just has a message about requiring Flash 8. No info about the company whatsoever.

15. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Weird. The SEM isn't there either.

16. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    The SEM is there if you go under "Chassis", then "XO". But its not under the "Modulation" section for some reason.

17. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Sexy :)

18. I'm happy they finally ditched their old site. It sucked terribly!!

Really like the new one though

19. GAAAAHHH! I HATE WEBSITES WITH MUSIC THAT PLAYS AUTOMATICALLY!!!!! Especially crap music!

Seems like the same old s#*t, just gussied-up a bit.

Flash is way over-used these days.

Maybe I'm just getting older and grumpier... :spit:

20. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Older, grumpier... probably drunker, too. :D