1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Electro-Harmonix site (www.ehx.com)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by EHX, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    Hey all,

I wanted to quickly come invite you to come check out the all-new Electro-Harmonix site:

http://www.ehx.com

The idea was to make the site easier to use, with clean links, and more content -- and (my favorite) to directly integrate the EHX community right into the site -- for example:

1) We've added lots of user-generated videos -- and we'd love to add more -- if you upload a new video, please let us know! For example, if you think one of our video demos misses the point, we'd love to add yours right there too.

2) We've added a blog -- and each product page is now a "blog-within-a-blog" -- (for example, see http://www.ehx.com/products/bass-big-muff-pi) -- so if you have anything you'd like to share with the EHX community, please let us know!

3) There's also a new, beefed-up bass pedals category (http://www.ehx.com/browse/bass-pedals)

We hope you like it & best from NYC!

2. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Thank you! Nice to hear from a company about things like this. :)

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Whoa, cool stuff! Now even EHX is on TB.

4. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    Thanks, it's nice to be here!

btw, please do post anything you might like (that way I can try to get more in) -- and, likewise, please post anything you might want improved...

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Glad to see you here! I've been using your effects for many years. To be honest, every EHX pedal I've bought had some tragic flaw that made me sell it again after a while- of course this is part of the "quirky charm" of EHX... but it will be nice to be able to address you directly with "hey guys what about X feature on Y pedal, couldn't you implement it a bit better in this way or that way?"

Note that the commercial user policy has some pretty specific rules you'll want to go over, and you may wish to PM one of our mods if you have any questions about that- but please don't let that be any inhibition to your presence here. :)

6. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    If anybody can clue me into any relevant issues, please do -- I'm certainly not here to make any trouble!

7. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I would love love love to see an XO Polychorus. Especially if it could have the center negative 9v power supply. My Stereo Polychorus is great, but its huge and the 24v supply is really a hassle.

Also, I love the idea of an XO Frequency Analyzer but is the 40v supply really necessary?

Also, if I may ask, why are we not able to daisy chain the Bass Blogger? I loved it, but had to sell it since it I couldn't put up with the dedicated power supply.

I absolutely love EHX and think you make an awesome product. To show my dedication here's a list of everything I've owned from you, haha.

Big Muff Pi
    Small Stone Phaser
    Polychorus
    Nano Clone
    Blogger
    Holy Grail
    Micro POG (out for repair with you guys)
    Micro Q-tron (soon to be out for repair)
    #1 Echo
    Deluxe Electric Mistress
    Stereo Pulsar
    Stereo Electric Mistress

Soon to be added:
    Bass Big Muff
    SMMH
    Bass Micro Synth
    I think that's it haha. I'd love to see a wah and a tuner from EHX too, so I can make my entire board EHX!

8. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I was browsing the new site last night, big improvement over the Flash-heavy version. I like the little bits of history and trivia related to the pedals, interesting stuff.

Oh yeah, requests: Put the Flanger Hoax in a much smaller box? I want one but I've got no room for one.

9. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    I should say -- I can't really be as much help with the specifics of the effects themselves, but rather whatever I can do to help make the site useful, fun, informative, etc.

For example, if there were some questions that lots of folks have in common, perhaps I could then forward them to the engineers, and then follow up by adding the missing details to the site.

It would actually be a tremendous help if somebody could help compile such lists and forward them to me (as I won't always know what's going on here) -- and engineers are busy, so I can't always promise to get answers -- but I can promise to try...

10. Captain_Arrrg

Captain_Arrrg

Jan 23, 2008
    Mountains of Colorado
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I think that the biggest improvement is the user content. Why should all this greatness be stuck on youtube? Well it shouldn't, and you were smart enough to see that. Kudos.

...It makes me want to get a video camera so I can share with the world how I use my EHX stuff.

As for forwarding something to the engineers, you might just want to have them Google TB for "EHX" or "Electro-Harmonix" and presto- one of the greatest(?) repositories of random internet peoples thoughts on the products of Electro-Harmonix.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    How about a $50 Frequency Analyzer? ;) Heh, they weren't even $50 in the 70's. Actually, the prices have held fairly steady for EHX effects considering how inflated everything else is.

12. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    A LOT better than the previous website...the old one didn't have any mpegs of any bass stuff...this is a lot more user friendly if you ask me. Thanks.

Now I just have to get the money to buy some more gear.

13. great! this is way better than what i saw last time

14. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    Get a friend with a camera to come by! I think there's just so much we can communicate with our own 'official' videos -- that's because everybody has his/her own way of thinking about the pedals, and that includes us. But EHX pedals are often designed with experimentation in mind, so different folks come up with totally different ideas. Share them!

The engineers certainly do spend time on forums, etc. -- but I'm thinking perhaps there could be a more focused and results-oriented way of collecting, filtering, and presenting questions -- with the goal of getting that info back out onto the site. See what I mean?

15. SWEET! A XO Frequency Analyzer!!!!

16. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    I would very much like for more of the, shall we say, unorthodox effects to be available in my area. Unfortunately, Madison, WI, isn't a huge market for effects in general, so the majority of the EHX products available are the Big Muff and Smallstone variants. That's fine, but I already own my Black Russian (a black Russian Big Muff), and a black Russian Smallstone (which, along with the Russian Bassballs, does not get a cool name, as the Muff does). I would really like for (particularly) the Frequency Analyzer, the Polychorus, the Polyphase, the Graphic Fuzz, and the Hot Tubes to be available for me to demo (since I don't buy pedals without trying them first).

17. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    The only thing I DON'T like about the new site its the fact that you can no longer search the pedals by enclosure size...

18. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Yeah, that was kinda nifty.

19. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    One thing I love about the new site is how it actually loads. With the last two weeks on the old site I couldn't load half the pedal selection pages (Firefox on OS X, btw)

20. EHX

EHX

Oct 4, 2008
    Electro-Harmonix
    The thing is: almost every pedal is now in the diecast enclosures --back when the nano pedals first came out, it certainly made sense to categorize them separately -- but almost everything is now in the diecast enclosures, and so a dedicated diecast category would have over 40 pedals, and that seemed not too helpful -- does that make any sense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.