1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New electronics in my "p-j"

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DRN-PWNS, Sep 14, 2008.

1. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

Sep 13, 2008
    Cochrane alberta
    I want to replace the whole shebang in my fender p bass bthe body was routed out to fit a bridge pick up. what pups should i get ( i play ska/punk and kinda like the loc tone)
    Could any one link me to the best set up avaliable?

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Oh boy, there's a lot of choices there. If you don't want to spend too much, the DiMarzio Model P and Model J (which are sold as a PJ combo) are a popular choice. I've put a set of Bartolini PJs in a Fender that worked well. The reality is that almost anything will be an upgrade from stock.

Edit: You also might want to fill out your profile so we know what kind of bass it is exactly. :)

3. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

Sep 13, 2008
    Cochrane alberta
    its an old (85-89) p bass that is on its 3rd neck (cheap no name that my l9ocal music shop gave me for free).
    also if you could post a diagram of the wiring need that would be great

4. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I would use a DiMarzio "Will Power" middle pickup with an ultra J at the bridge. This thing will 1 huge sounding bass. I also would NOT coil tap either pickup... just let them be humbuckers.

5. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

Sep 13, 2008
    Cochrane alberta
    Sweet my new pick ups are in the mail i got the will powers and the ultra j now i just need new pots and some one to show me the best schematics posible