1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Elrick Site Is Now Up!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, May 9, 2006.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I had the chance to preview the site update which was done by our own TalkBass member seeso, and now that it's officially up everyone can see it. It's a really huge improvement over the old version that was never updated- take a look. Lots of never-before-seen Elricks are now in the Gallery section. He did a great job.

Same old website address
    http://www.elrick.com/index.htm

2. Yes! Looks real good! I see my bass in their gallery too.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Thanks for the heads up!

:)

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    None of the five I've owned made it into the gallery :bawl: :) Maybe the one getting finished this month will make it. One's in the Press section in the Bass World review at least.

5. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

Looks good. Rob makes some gorgeous basses. I've really liked them ever since I had a Gold Standard 5.

6. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    The site is pretty, but so far it hasn't been helpful for me. Maybe you guys can help.

I noticed this bass at BassNW: and called them and asked what the string spacing was. They looked around and told me they didn't know, but they thought it was ....

Not being one to blow thousands of $$ on someone's guess, I went to the website and I couldn't find the bass on it. The closest I can come is a 4 string made of the same body woods but not neck, or the only 6 string with different wood combinations than the one at Bassnw.

What is more, the mouseover interface was very tedious, you can't tell by any of the photos which might be a 6-string bass, and even when you find a 6-string bass, it doesn't tell us something basic like what the string spacing is. :bawl:

Would any of you happen to KNOW (not guess) what the string spacing is?

7. Stifflip

Stifflip

Jan 20, 2006
    I hope this site does not end up out-dated as the old one did. It seems to me that luthier websites are scarcely updated nowadays...:eyebrow:

8. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Gotta love Rob's basses!! :hyper:

9. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Standard string spacing at the bridge is 19mm on every model I've seen/owned- most of the Platinum series come with Hipshot A bridges though, which have adjustable string spacing, so you can bring the spacing in to about 18mm. The reason it doesn't have the string spacings listed is because about 85% of Rob's work is custom stuff- not basses that get shipped to sell at stores- so the customer can choose the type of spacing he wants. The website can't possibly show all of his basses- he's made about 500 by now- so don't be disappointed if the BassNW one isn't on there.

10. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Bryan's right. To the degree that there is a "standard" spacing on Elricks, I'm pretty sure it's 19mm--both the Elricks I've owned (5 and 6 string bolt-ons) have been 19mm.

Mike

11. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    That Holly-topped E-Volution 4 is sick looking.

W

12. I need to stop looking at Elricks right now.

13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    nice new site...

14. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    which was originally my bass :crying:

15. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    Some good stuff there!!

16. seeso

seeso

Apr 7, 2006
    Hey guys, thanks for checking out the site. I just added some more features. Online shopping is now available. You can now order strings, cases and shirts from the site.

Tom7, your input is noted. Thanks.

17. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    I was out at Basses Electric & Acoustic last week....in Sacremento.

He (Juan) had some wonderful Elricks..several to choose from. I need a five string fretless.....it will be an Elrick...thanks for posting the new site.

18. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :eek:
    Cool- I like the cases a lot! I'd get a shirt if it said "Elrick Bass Guitars" instead of "Elrick Bass Strings"

Rob just finished my singlecut fretless and it should ship off on Monday or Tuesday. He didn't take any pics of it though, so after five months I have almost no idea what it looks like!

19. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    The sites looking good, and damn there are some fine basses on show there!

20. seeso

seeso

Apr 7, 2006
    Yeah, I want him to get different shirts too, man. He's gotta move these first, though.

I've been to his shop recently, and there was a bunch of basses there, I'm not sure if I saw yours or not... You must be freaking out!