New Eminence Drivers Introduced at NAMM

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bgavin, Jan 27, 2006.

1. I have updated my spreadsheet with the new driver data with information from the Eminence PDF data sheets.

The big news is all the Neo technology. They have revamped the Deltalite line and replaced it with Deltalite-II. The other big news is the two Kappalite Neo drivers in 15".

Significant improvement, especially in the 12" and 15" drivers.

The HL-10A bass horn driver is being superceded by the HL-10C model. The new driver is 4 ohms, and Tuba friendly, as it will run approximately 8 ohms impedance after horn loading.

Tuba builders wanting to run big stacks of Tuba24 will probably want the older HL-10A driver, due to its higher impedance. They run approximately 12 ohms after horn loading, allowing more to be run in parallel before hitting the amp's 2-ohm lower limit. The HL-10A is being phased out of the line.
  2. greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Well, it was the Deltalite 12 and 15 that needed the big improvement, so that's cool. And a couple other choices too - great!
  3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Thanks for the data on those drivers. It seems like for my present needs, the B&C 12HPL64 seems like it is easier to design into a small box without a great big midrange hump, but I was holding off on buying anything until I saw the data on the new Eminence models.
  4. greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
  5. Ken Lloyd

Ken Lloyd Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    First time I've seen your spreadsheet. Very helpful. Thanks for keeping all that data well organized.

Figures that the cab with the lowest SPL (at 1w1m) is what I bought. But hey, it sounds great.

6. Forget the SPL nonesense. IMO, they all lie, and are probably measured at 1 KHz or some other useless frequency.

The only meaningful measurement is a response plot taken under known conditions, then compare against other response plots.

The commercial makers won't do this because a plot will reveal how anemic their cabs really are. Phil Jones is the only manufacturer I known that publishes response plots. It is easy for Accugroove, Fender, SWR, Mesa, et al, to "out do" a Phil Jones cab when they don't have to substantiate their claims.

If you are happy with your cab, enjoy it and forget the comparison with other cabs.
  7. Some clod in Hungary has decided to test his DOS attack software against my web server.

Subnets 145. 194. 195. 81. 86. are now blocked from my web server on a permanent basis.

Regrets, but I'm not going to lose my business server to a clod in your end of the world who thinks he has to take down my web server.

My business server and library is open to the public, but anybody who ties up my server by DOS attacks, or trying to download the entire OFGB site, will be blocked.