Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New employment record: 7 total hours

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I worked for subway for a total of 7 hours.

Then I got fired.

Why?

Because apparently I have attitude and temperment problems...

First day, the other guy they hired was asking questions about if stuff has ever been stolen, what they do if something is stolen, if there are hidden cameras, where are the hidden cameras, were can the cameras see him, when do they check inventory, etc...

I know some companies either write you up or fire you immediately, depending on what you stole... So i asked how it worked.

Went to work thursday, all was fine...

Go to work today, start to punch in, and get told im not punching in, and im fired.

And its because they think im a risk...

BS. Fire the guy who asked all about the security of the place, not the guy who asked about company policy since it was already being discussed.

So... they fire the guy that checked in every few days before he was hired, made sure he knew a few of the employees... learned names, and was 10 minutes early every day.

And keep the guy who shows up at 4:59... and doesnt care.

(insert various 4 letter words)

Screw them, they aren't worth me driving 25.2 miles a day... and they are all beatniks anways.

Oh, and then on monday they want me to drive back out there to give them my 2 shirts and sign something. Screw that, tehy could have called me earlier today and said i was fired, and i would have brought it all... But since they didnt, i've made my drive, im done... they have my adress and can drive their own asses out here to get it.

And I'm not signing jack. I got my money for the hours i worked... im done with those jackballs.

2. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Come back later on and mess with them. Be a real pain in the ass. That's what I do to the people who work at Wendy's and I LIKE Wendy's ;)

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Give them the shirt back, but I wouldn't sign anything without reading it, and any papers with it a few times. Heck with them, move on and find something better. Make sure to be one heck of a customer from now on though ;)

Ray

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Could of been worse. Not sure how, but it could of.

I worked at grill where we had a guy who was fired after fifteen minutes on his first day. Stayed up all night dropping acid and freaked out when someone asked him a question. He grabbed a chair to swing and then ran to the end of the strip mall (four or five hundred yards, flat out with a heavy-ass chair) and passed out.

It's was hilarious to hear about.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I don't think you need to go back to the store and be a problem customer. That advice won't do you any good. It would probably be a good idea to see what they want you to sign. It may be a protection for you as well.

I am sorry to hear you took the fall for the other guy. Do you have any other job prospects lined up?

-Mike

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Er, that's not what I meant... I actually meant to go back and shove it in their face that you're a good dude. In hindsight, I guess it's not too clear what I meant.

Ray

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That is a good point. Perhaps the other guy who was asking the questions about stealing will eventually get caught and fired. Then they will know they made a mistake.

-Mike

8. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    You said Subway, right? The sandwich place? I don't get what "risk" you could pose there. You gonna pocket some shredded lettuce or something? :eyebrow:

9. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Of course it won't, but it could be fun.

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Is that worth a 25 mile drive, though?

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Don't listen to these dudes... don't go burning bridges. Heck, you may even get the job back if you prove to not be a jerk etc.

Ray

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hehehe. :)

If he took a couple items every shift, in a week he would have enough to make his own sandwich.

-Mike

13. You'd be suprised at how much people steal from the register at subway.

If the guy told him where the cameras were, then thought you were a risk because you asked about policy, I don't think you'd want to work there anyway...

14. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I think I would have been more worried about a guy asking all sorts of questions about the security system on his first day at work.

I wouldn't go out there again. What are they gonna do, fire you? :D

Time to just move on me thinks...... :cool:

15. Get a job at a lumber store. The pay is usually decent and you may learn a few thing that'll come in handy.

Mike

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    As I was reading the orig. post I was thinking the same thing. Don't burn bridges. I know you're mad now but I remember just a few days ago that you were excited about working there. Perhaps you should try and make an appointment to have a meeting with the main manager or something and explain calmly and politely exactly how that first day went down and why you asked that question and ask if maybe they were confusing you with the other guy.

Honestly man I did some REALLY dumb things back in my part time jobs that I could have easily gotten fired for. At one job I did something stupid and didn't get caught. Two other guys did and they got fired. Stuff like that happens and it's not fair but these companies are just trying to cover their arses.

brad cook

17. Best post of the week. :D

18. Keep the shirts.

19. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Mike, jobs are like that at times. There can be misunderstandings of all sorts, especially when you're the unknown.

Don't take it personally, though that may be hard to do. But try to find a job that's closer, it would, for a youngster like yourself, perhaps be a better investment of your time. 25 miles is alot!

20. If you keep the shirts they will think they were right about you.
    They should have tould you what the policies were before you started.
    :scowl: