Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New England Appearances?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Andy Brown, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Do either of you, Steve or Michael, plan on appearing in New England in the near future?

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi AJ,

I’m currently making plans for a trip out that way in the fall. I’d love to bring Steve with me, but we’re facing an uphill battle with the US Dept. of Immigration as they seem to be determined to make it as difficult as possible for foreign musicians (especially those who aren’t major stars) to perform in the US these days. I don’t mean to get all political on you, but if you folks like to see musicians from other parts of the world playing live in the US you might consider writing your representatives in Washington about reducing the amount of red tape they have to wade through.

3. EmmSee

EmmSee

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I'm from the New England area (Boston) - I know you'd have a HUGE audience here if you came.

Looking forward to the new album!

4. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    As Michael says, the plan is there, but there's some major planning involved, with a not inconsiderable financial burden just to get the work visa. When I got out to CA, it's sponsored from this side of the pond, so I'm there working for a brit company. To just come out and tour requires a visa.

It'll happen, eventually.

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

5. Go through the Mexican border , " You shouldn't have a problem there"... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D