1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD New England Custom Reliced Jazz (Fretspot J)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Top_Ten, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Very nice reliced Jazz bass here from New England Custom Guitars, check out this thread for pics and all of the details:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/new-england-custom-guitars-relicd-jazz-bass-fretspot-j-866754/

Also, here is a video of this bass in action: . Sounds great!

I'll add some recent photos to this thread when I get a chance, but in the meantime I thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone is interested.

The only thing I've done to the bass that is different from what is shown in the thread above is to add a Babicz bridge. The Babicz is a great bridge but it you want to stick with the vintage vibe, I have the original as well and it would be easy to change it back. Both bridges will be included in the sale.

I no longer have the foam case mentioned in the thread above, but I do have a decent hard shell case to ship it in.

The thread above says the weight is about 9 lbs, but I think it is probably closer to 9.5 lbs. Not a featherweight, but well balanced and comfortable to play.

I'm not sure what this bass cost new, but based on the price of other guitars from New England Custom, I figure it was at least in the $1200 or so range. I have about $850 into it, IIRC. I'll let it go for $750 plus shipping.

Will also consider trades for a similar quality P bass, Mesa Walkabout, Orange Bass Terror, or nice preamps.

Thanks for looking!

2. Bump

3. Bumping to see if there is any interest in this nice custom Jazz bass.

I'd sorta like to keep it local to SF Bay Area because (1) this bass is not a regular production model so I'd like the buyer to be able to check the bass out before buying, and (2) I don't currently have a good shipping box or case to ship it in. But if there is interest, I could probably figure something out to ship.

I am pretty open to offers and trades so feel free to make suggestions!

4. Bump

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021