1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New England GTG cancelled

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by davidjbass, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Because of my new job that requires me to work Saturdays and Sundays I am going to have to regretfully cancel the New England GTG that I was going to have here at my house on June 26, 2010. I am really bummed that I have to do this but because of the economy and the fact I need the extra money I have to take on this new job. I hope that I have not caused anyone any kind of inconvience and if so I apologize. And I hope everyone understands why I have to cancel it. I have had 3 people pay me and I will refund their money in full in the next couple of days. Hopefully someone else will take on this event because it's such a great time.

2. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS
    Thats too bad Dave. But, fully understand. Family First.
    Good Luck with the new job!

3. joinercape

joinercape Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2007
    That's too bad, I was looking forward to it but family and work come first, thanks for making the effort you made! Hope I will get to meet all of you sometime down the road.

4. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    hope it was not...."due to lack of sponsorship..." <shoes>

sorry--had to put it in

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sorry to hear it, David.

6. Thanks for the understanding. I know that I will host one. But for now the bills have got to get paid.

7. 251

Oct 6, 2006
    Metro Boston MA
    Take care of business first, Dave. Thanks for offering to host the gtg. I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe we will meet another time. :cool:

8. threshar

threshar

Jul 30, 2002
    Bummer.

I was tempted to take up the reigns on this, but I don't have the time to get things going for it :( maybe in 2011 I'll try to host.

just so I can get a feeler, would tewksbury, ma be reasonable for folks to travel to? It is about 20 minutes north of boston, next door to lowell.

9. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    I just saw this... I'm bummed you had to cancel, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I would offer to take it on, but unfortunately, the space I used is no longer 'open' as it was.

I'm wondering if we can find an inexpensive venue, like a KofC or VFW somewhere to hold it.

If anyone is interested in moving forward with it, I'd be glad to team up for the effort. Just PM me.

10. The New England GTG will go on as scheduled. I was able to get the day off from my new job. I found out a few days ago but have been so busy that I have not be able to post it.

So again in CAPS.

THE NEW ENGLAND GTG IS BACK ON! SATURDAY JUNE 26, 2010. I WILL POST IN A NEW THREAD. THANKS.