New England GTG, sponsored by Lakland!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by djcruse, Feb 3, 2006.

1. djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    Dan Lakin is sending me two 55-02's: One with Barts and the other with the new Lakland pickups and preamp. I want to get a bunch of people together to A/B them and provide feedback to Dan.

To sweeten the deal, Dan is offering an incentive: Any bass player who shows up will get a FREE set of Lakland strings - 4 or 5 string set, flats or rounds - your choice. I *should* also have the new Lakland catalog available for everyone as well.

To further sweeten the deal, if you bring along a bass with active electronics to compare with the Laklands, you get a FREE set of strings AND a FREE Lakland strap!

You agree to try each bass and write down your thoughts, which I will collect at the end.

We need to figure out where and when. It will be somewhere around the Boston or Connecticut area and I'm thinking about any of these dates:

Feb 18
    Feb 19
    Feb 25
    Feb 26

What's your preference?

Also, if you're in the area and have a suitable venue, please email or PM me. Oh, and we'll need some amps.

What do you guys think? Let's get this party started!
  2. xparis001

Jun 10, 2003
    Worcester, ma
    Product Manager, Akai Professional
    I would be interested. I'm in worcester. I would say the 18th would be a good day for me. Hopefully, some people would bring out a lakie or two for me to try, since its impossible to find anywhere to try out a USA in my area it seems...
  3. klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    never played a Lakland, definitely interested.
    I live in cambridge, don't own a car, so getting to wherever could be interesting but I'm down with trying.
  4. xparis001

Jun 10, 2003
    Worcester, ma
    Product Manager, Akai Professional
    actually , 26th is looking better now. i vote for that. thx. :)
  5. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'm in the boston area and I wouldn't mind coming down!
  6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I wish I lived anywhere near this:(
  7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Me too. :(
  8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

Why don't you swing by and get me on your way up!:D
  9. Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Yeah, anybody passing through the Great White North on their way?

10. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yeah and as long as your going there stop off and get me...I'll bring my 55-01 and compare that to
  11. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Lucky East Coast folks. :(
  12. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Dang, I just have to be in Ny...17 and no permit yet, much less liscence.

13. Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    It would be cool to organize this same deal in the hometown of lakland, chicago. I am actually visiting dan tomorow at the factory, im gona ask him about a chicago get together because that would be awesome! I really hope i walk out of the factory with a new bass tomorow!! :)
  14. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I'm in the boston area. I would definitely love to come as well as bring a couple bass playing friends if possible!!

I think Boston or cambridge would be a great place to do it because there's so much public transportation around greater boston for people like me who can't drive to get in there. I'm not saying it has to be there, but it might be a good idea?

I hope this works out, because I would LOVE to test out some new lakies!!!!

15. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Even though I'm on the wrong coast for this, I gotta give a big thumbs-up to Dan for arranging this kind of get-together. It seems like a fun way to drum up business and get the word out, and offering a free set strings to those who come is a smooth and classy move.

Sounds like a lot of fun for the lucky attendees!

Some day we've got to arrange a TB get-together for those of us out here in the Northwest.
  16. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    I'd definantly come down, keep us updated!
  17. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Let's see, how far of a drive is it to Boston from Cincinnati?

I am interested in the results of this test.
  18. Sound like something I would be interested in.:bassist:
    The only day I have a problem with would be the 18th.

I could bring my 55-94 Deluxe and maybe my rig.
  19. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'm also from Worcester and wouldn't mind being involved! I'll bring my Active G&L, Later in the month like the 19,25,26 would be awesome!
  20. djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    Brief update: For helping out, every participant will receive a set of Lakland strings (your choice). Participants that bring an active bass to A/B will receive either 2 sets of strings or 1 Lakland strap.

More soon.