1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New England manager appointed.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Toasted, May 4, 2006.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4969592.stm

It is a joke. The whole selection process has been a sham from start to finish. The low point provided by Big Phil Scolari. It just shows up the FA for the bunch of self-serving ideologues they really are. It is shameful. The only good thing about Rooney breaking his foot was to take the glaring spotlight off this embarrassing debacle.

The most annoying thing about it is that O'Neill, the best choice for the job, the only one of the interviewee's capable of managing England in the late 2000's with real charisma, style and aplomb hasn't been selected. In my opinion this is because he refused to be the sacrificial figurehead of a team of equally self-serving coaches and strategists that McLaren will fit right in with. Oneill has too much character for the vacuous FA.

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    It's about time New England got some management. Maine, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island, at the very least, are in desperate need of some reorganization.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Hilarious, Bob. This is the punishment I get for using correct grammar.