Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new equipment. 56k beware

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Toasted, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    well after about one year of playing i finally own my own bass and amp! woohoo. its taken me a while and alot of effort. i think that ive done pretty well for my budget on both items, bass and amp. the amp is new the bass was a christmas present to myself. i love them both.

2. Killer amp, those asdown combos are kickin!...What kind of Thunderbird is that?Headstock's not clear, but it looks 2x2, like a rogue or flying-V headstock...

3. In my view it looks like an inline four headstock...

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    its an eipi 'bird. theyre nice. a really good bass for circa £250 (im from the UK)

i love the ashdown combo. the response on the 2x10s is ACE

5. I stand blind....cleaned my contacts LOL...I'd like ta get me an epi bird...How's it play???

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    plays great. look good.

good heavy tones for rock, but also fairly nice tones for slap. body shape makes it great for playing sitting down etc etc. great looking bass. **** hot pickups in it too. much better than most of the other epi's i have ever played!

you can really shape your tone with the onboard controls. each pickup has a volume and then a master tone for them both. its ace.

does chugging bass and plodding bass etc etc:p

anymore u wanna know?