Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Equipment Rules

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RHDB, Oct 13, 2005.

1. RHDB

RHDB

May 3, 2005
    I went to Guitar Center last Wednesday and while I was watching their drum competition, hanging on the wall was this.
    An Ibanez SR500 it was used for 119....so why not, played it, loved it, bought it. The 4 holes are from a thumb rest that i didnt like so that was the first thing to come off. That now makes 2 basses. I love this bass its great. Gotta love getting new gear

[​IMG]
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    [​IMG]

2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Thats a hell of a deal, did the case come with it? Because if it did, you robbed them

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    119?

Dang, IMO I'd go at least 200 for em...heh.

Nothing good like that ever at my GC...

4. +1. That bass for 119 used it good, but the case would make it even better.

5. RHDB

RHDB

May 3, 2005
    the case didnt come with the bass, man I wish it did for 119. I got the case for 50 bucks so around 170 total with everything which made me very happy.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    $170 for all that is a STEAL! Are those EMG's or Ibanez pickups, can't tell from the pictures. They're great basses, don't worry about the holes ;)

7. wow...cool...

8. RHDB

RHDB

May 3, 2005

The pickups are EMG's. This bass plays great the holes dont bother me at all. I love playing with this bass

9. That's definately a different SR500 then I'm used to seeing... You have any clue as to what year she is?

-ryan-

10. RHDB

RHDB

May 3, 2005
    The year I believe is a 2004 model, but I could be wrong with that the only numbers I can find on the bass is on the back of the headstock it says SR500 C401622.