1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Euro LX Models

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spector_Ray, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I'm finally getting to the point(financially) where I can buy a Spector to replace the stolen ones from 1991. I've played US models and NS-2A's and know the tones well. Since the new Euro LX models are made of alder with figured tops and a slice of walnut in between, how does the sound compare to the older maple Euro's, old 2A's and US models? :help:

2. I actually prefer the newer LX models, as I've found that the alder seems to tame a bit of the "crisp" high-end of previous Euro Spectors, which is the main reason I'm not a fan of the all-maple models (as a player, that is - as a listener, I love the recorded sound of Spectors, but the combo of all-maple and EMGs are a touch too high-end for me.) They're also a decent amount lighter IMO, which my back never minds. ;)

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I agree that they could be a little bright, but I think that's what helped contribute to Spector's ringing clarity. Have you noticed any difference in that respect?