Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Euro LX Models

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spector_Ray, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I'm finally getting to the point(financially) where I can buy a Spector to replace the stolen ones from 1991. I've played US models and NS-2A's and know the tones well. Since the new Euro LX models are made of alder with figured tops and a slice of walnut in between, how does the sound compare to the older maple Euro's, old 2A's and US models? :help:

2. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I actually prefer the newer LX models, as I've found that the alder seems to tame a bit of the "crisp" high-end of previous Euro Spectors, which is the main reason I'm not a fan of the all-maple models (as a player, that is - as a listener, I love the recorded sound of Spectors, but the combo of all-maple and EMGs are a touch too high-end for me.) They're also a decent amount lighter IMO, which my back never minds. ;)

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I agree that they could be a little bright, but I think that's what helped contribute to Spector's ringing clarity. Have you noticed any difference in that respect?