1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New F Bass BN5 - Hardware Choice?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by moorebass, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Black

35 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Chrome

28 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. I am ordering a New FBass BN5 in Cherryburst, and I'm trying to decide whether to get black or chrome hardware. Sorry in advance for the small pics, it was hard to find one with black hardware.

Attached Files:

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I LOVE that finish on the FBass. There's an amazing one listed on the Austin Bass Exchange site.

While I'm a fan of black hardware, that bass is so 'light looking' that the black seems to stand out too much to me... I prefer the chrome in keeping with the general light color of that bass. Pure personal choice though... there's no way to make that bass look bad!

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I'm also a fan of black hardware, and I say go with the black. I actually like the contrast of the dark hardware and the overall 'lightness' of everything else. But honestly, it would be beautiful either way.

Graeme

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Nice Finish , I would vote for Black hardware.

5. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I say black, especially if you're gonna have black knobs either way.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    For that finish and fretboard I think the chrome looks great. It really depends upon the bass, but for a lot of the brighter and more colorful finishes, I think that lighter colored hardware works very well.

7. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    The maple FB is what throws me off... if you could hook up hardward that had an off-white type of color to match up with the maple FB, now that would be interesting!

8. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    I would say black for almost any bass. however for that one, id say Chrome or even gold would be very nice

9. JazzBassMayn

JazzBassMayn

Dec 10, 2005
    Oregon, OH
    I think that black hardware would be a nice contrast to the maple fretboard and the lighter finish on the bass. Real nice either way though.

10. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Flip a coin...

My vote was for Chrome.

11. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I'd say chrome if you could get chrome nobs... if not I think black wins by a hair.

12. I am leaning slightly towards chrome as I think the black stands out a little bit and draws your attention away from the rest of the bass. I wish I had a bigger picture of the one with black hardware though, I was only able to download the thumbnail from the gguitars site - unfortunately they told me that have deleted the larger version of these pics. If anyone has some large pictures of a cherryburst BN5 with black hardware, please let me know.

13. I also agree, I'd say chrome if you could get chrome nobs... if not I think black wins. I think that the black stands out to much on a bass with that beautiful of a finish. Sweeeeeeet bass man! Congrats!

14. the only time i will agree with henry f*rd. its gotta be black