New F Bass has arrived!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jacob Bartfield, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Actually I've had it for a few days now, and it's pretty much everything I hoped it sould be. Unfortunately, the truss rod is too loose, which is causing the strings to buzz, but I've been in contact with George Furlanetto about it, and hopefully I can get it taken care of locally, (it's a long story).

Besides that, the bass is fantastic. I bought it used, but it's in almost perfect condition. I had never played a four string F Bass before, and I was a little concerned that the neck was going to be too thin. As it turns out, the neck is just about perfect. It's nice and fat.

Another thing that really impressed me which I never noticed before on F Basses, is how incredibly easy it is to reach the highest fret.

It's definately on the heavy side. I think it may be a bit heavier than my Warwick. This is probobly not because the particular piece of wood is heavy, but that the body itself is so big.

I've been messing with the controls a lot, and I still haven't figured out my favorite setting, but the bass sounds good no matter how the EQ is set. I like how the EQ is tastefully voiced, and not too drastic like on a lot of instruments. I especially like the mid boost.

As far as the specs go it's all standard (swamp ash body) except for the macassar ebony fingerboard, and a one piece neck instead of a three. Is this unusual? Does anyone else have an F Bass with a one piece neck?

I took the pictures with a flash. The bass isn't quite that color, and the sunburst is much more subtle in real life. Obviously it looks much better in person.
  2. Looks great. F Basses really are excellent instruments with great tone.

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    welcome to the family!!