Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Fake Rick!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peaveybassamp88, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Ok, it was my birthday this weekend so I splurged and traded in my Ibanez EDA and Squire P for a more versatile, classic Univox Fake Rick 4001! Got it at the Bass Palace with the original case. All the details of a real Rick for 1/3 the price! The bolt-on neck :confused: (yeah...i thought that also) gives it more fat bottom tone than the standard Ric neck-thru design. What do you guys think of it? Good trade? Check out the pic and drop me a line.

2. Enjoy your, well worth it bass!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Not a bad deal, considering that Rick copies are difficult to find. Rickenbacker is very agressive in dealing with infringements on their design. They are removed from E-bay all the time, by request of Rickenbacker.

I have a 70's Electra Rickenbacker copy, and I get the Rick vibe for much less the cost of a vintage Rickenbacker.

4. Glad to see that I actually made a good deal. Although I loved the way the Ibanez Ergo played and felt, I hated the tone and I couldn't seem to get much out of it...well worth the trade. I've dialed up about a dozen usable sounds already with the "Rick" without using any pedals. It's gettin me down now though because the strings are goin kinda lame(even after cleaning them with alcohol), but as soon as I can get some new ones I'd be glad to post an mp3 of it.

5. Nice clone :D

I wouldnt mind pickin up a clone one day just so i can modify the crap out of it so i can leave my real RIC alone and all original.
    And from what i hear the Univox clones were supposed to be among the best.

6. Make sure to wash your hands before you pick up your bass, this will help your string life a great deal.

What strings came on the bass?

Sound clips wouldbe awesome!

[​IMG]
    Treena