1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Family Member - Fender 60th Anniversay P (MIM)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LuvMusic, Aug 7, 2008.

1. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Big Brown delivered a new member to my "bass family" yesterday......a "new to me" 60th Anniversary P bass (MIM), the blizzard pearl one.

Got it off of Evilbay and I have to say, the guy I bought it from was honest and conducted the transaction in a very professional manner.

Unpacked the bass, inspected it, tuned it and I'm very happy. The setup was very good, the condition of the bass was as described (very light wear), included 60th anniversary gig bag and "case candy."

I'm just excited and wanted to share with a group that would understand.

Here is a picture of the family:

IMGP6648-1.jpg

And a couple of additional pics of the new family member:

IMGP6651-1.jpg

IMGP6649.jpg

IMGP6659.jpg

IMGP6656.jpg

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Very nice. I'd like to see how a Blizzard Pearl/rosewood would look with a brown tort p/g. Has anybody done that to one?

3. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    That's nice. Did they make these in MIA form too?

4. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    I believe thay did, but, they were sunburst. Also the MIA had a NOS vintage pickup. Don't remember the exact model.

This particular MIM P has an american standard pickup in it and a vintage tinted neck. What has surprised me is the neck, I really like the feel and it looks great. The sound is what I expected.....all P bass.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021