Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New family member :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Being that we already have two LARGE dogs, the last thing we really needed was yet another one! Still, when has logic had anything to do with actual real world choices?

The wife and I decided to go to one of the local humane societies (which happens to be a kill shelter) today to have a look, and of course we just couldn't leave empty handed.

I didn't have much say in it, once the wife set eyes on Lucy, it was pretty much a done deal. She's a a beegle, approximately 5-6 years in age. She's about a foot tall, a foot wide, and a lovable as it gets!

We did all the adoption work today, and she will be coming home to us later in the week, as soon as she gets fixed from the vet, shots current, etc.

We took a couple pics with the cell camera I will try to post shortly.

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Congratulations!!

Glad to hear you adopted. We adopted a beagle mix, Charlie, and he is absolutely adorable. They are fantastic dogs. Jus be carefull not to over feed her. Most beagles don't know when to draw the line on the food and will just keep eating! Looking forward to pics. :)

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Here's a couple of crappy pics, all we could take. She really is a sweetie!

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Beagles are way cool Tim, just keep the pup away from that "Gateway" SVT cab and you'll be fine! :D Congratulations!

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    very intelligent and loving dogs, congrats!

6. That's a very cute dog, Tim! Glad to see she's got a good home!

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The crappy pic on the right makes it look like the dog is getting ready to bite you! :eek:

-Mike

8. naja

naja

Oct 14, 2005
    East TN
    I had a beagle when I was 2. Bit me in the face. I probably deserved it, but it made me terrified of dogs for years. I had to get over it when I got married since my wife is a dog lover. I've come to like them too. Funny thing is, she has to put up with my reptiles too, and she has about as many snakes as I do now.....

Looks like a nice and friendly dog.....you gonna post some better pics when she comes home? Did they tell you if she was a stray or did the former owner drop her off?

9. We got one of ours from an animal shelter, we got him when he was about 1, now he's 13, great dog :)

[​IMG]

He's looking right at the camera, we have another dog thats not in the pic too, but she was being antisocial, the one thats missing is a sister from the same litter to the one thats sleeping there, those girlies are 15 now

10. naja

naja

Oct 14, 2005
    East TN
    May I introduce....BAT-DOG!!!!! Or Emma, as she is named. I like bat-dog better though....

[​IMG]

11. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

ah yes , puppy love !! :D

good on you for adopting an older dog ... she looks very sweet .

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats Awesome Tim ! How do you like the Beagles Bark? ;) :D

13. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Time to buy another fish tank... :cool:

14. WOOF !!! :)

Very cool, Tim. :cool:

Adopting a dog always gets my seal of approval.

When I was young, I had a beagle/coon hound.

Very cool dog, but if you left him alone too long he would bay in such a way that it would send shivers through you.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo! :eek:

Congrats. ;)

Mike