1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Family Photo....Lotsa Pics! Counseling Needed.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nightsblood, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Well, Ive been gassin for a Marcus Miller for awhile and picked one up this weekend for an awesome deal. Then I noticed, Im starting to collect basses more than play them. I may have a problem. But, they are pretty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Quite the varied collection. Nice.

3. oh well does the dean and the ibanez play?

4. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Nice collection. Personally, I try and keep my numbers down by trading my gear for new gear, instead of just buying new gear. It helps. :) Oh, and it also saves you some money.

5. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Fixed it for you. :smug:

Marshall

6. Ive tried that. I just sold a Martin acoustic for the Miller.

To answer your question Ben, the Ibanez has been in my collection since, 1994? It was my main player for 7 years. It played fine before I got the others. I became spoiled. I very rarely playt it anymore but, its got senimental value now. THe Dean actually plays quite well. I find the Explorer shape to be extremely comfortable while standing up. Sitting is not good. I actually have never played a Dean I didnt like.

7. Nice collection, I'm a huge fan of the Ibanez!

8. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
  9. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    :spit: :D And what do you know about my shoes, eh?

10. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Three of a perfect pair. Nice, I like the Jazz basses best, but it is an odd and eclectic collection, to say the least.

11. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Nightsblood, I must testify that with the Hamer 12 string arriving tomorrow I will have reached double digit bass inflation. I feel so dirty. But in a good way.

This reminds me that it's time for a new family photo.

12. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    That MM is killer!!

13. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

Cool collection.

I am in the same boat as you. I have amazing basses that I don't play often enough as I have 8 of the damn things.

I knew it was time to sell some of them yesterday when I had to buy a cheap stand for my 8th bass as my 5 bass and 2 bass stands are all full!:bag:

14. I look forward to seing the family collections you guys have to offer. I blame TB for this obsession. THere are soo many sweet basses on here. It never friggin ends!!

Thank you Talkbass community for putting me in the poorhouse. Luckily, Ive got a wife that understands this sickness.

15. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    I like your pictures what kind of camera you have?

16. Nice collection! I agree about TalkBass fueling this obsession, I have 4 now and one that'll be shipped out tomorrow, so 5 total now.

Speaking of one on order :help: What do you think of that SX? I could use a jazz...

17. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    that pair of spectors is mighty nice....wild colors

18. NIce collection. Can't you just rotate them as you play gigs? I have 11 nowand just swop them depending on my mood. Passive 4 string today - active 6 string tomorrow - ERB the next day, etc.

19. +1 how is the SX 5 ???? how's the sound & play?:ninja: Any mods done?

20. To answer the questions,

My camera is a Sony DSC-P52 digital. I took the pics with a overcast of clouds which I got from the link below. Pretty helpful, also, no flash on.

http://bunnybass.com/e-zine/phototips/intro.shtml

AS far as the SX. I dont really know if I have an opinion as of yet. I havent really played many "Fender type" basses, so I dont know how to compare. I like playing it and I would like to upgrade it but, I dont know if its worth the money. Id love to pick up a fretted maple neck....maybe thats next. Can these things be transformed into gig worthy basses with a little investment?