Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Family pic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    well, I got 2 very expensive toys this year, 1 from my self, and one from my parents for my birthday/xmas preasent.

[​IMG]

I apologize for the darkness, I took this at like 8:00.

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=97318 the rest of the pictures are there.

Enjoy the eye candy.

BTW, they both were definately worth the 2500 we spent on them, and I'm not returning them. The bass plays like cheesecake and the amp sounds like the whipcream topping.

I hope I'll be able to get some sound clips on here soon.

Greg

2. So...Effing...Beautiful...

I would ask if you like the bass and amp now, but I guess I already know, don't I?

Yes, I am jealous. Happy? (j/k)

Enjoy!

~Ryan

3. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    beautiful, enjoy!
    but 2500?
    seems like alot for those pieces...
    but it doesn't matter now, eh?
    play 'em!
    congrats!
    d

4. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    1500 for the bass, and about a grand for the amps. The Ibanez is the most expensive (that I know of) that you can buy. And the amps are ampeg, which are quit expensive but can be.

Greg

5. tourettes5139

tourettes5139

Nov 8, 2005
    UT
    Very, very nice!! I love it!! I wish I had something that nice to show off! :crying: :D

6. :Drool: Cheesecake with whipcream... :p

Nice looking gear you have there. Have fun!

7. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I have to give it to my parents for letting me get the bass, and for supporting me enough to buy me the equipment I needed. They support most of the things I do, and I am very grateful for that because if they didn't, I wouldn't have nearly this nice of stuff, I'd probably have a squier or a mexican jazz as my main bass and a 50 watt combo. It's alot harder to do something on your own than it is when you have help.

Greg

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Nice, everyones got room for desert ! :p :bassist:

9. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

That really is a sweet rig and it's kind of nice to see a small Ampeg setup!

Really interested in reading your review! :)

10. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    yah, I should be writing one of those soon...

Glad you guy's like it!

I'll hopefully be adding a new member to the family ina few months (probably a fender), then I'll just need the 115 cab t go under the 210, and a few countless other basses to go along with it :p

Greg

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Yuck...

Cheesecake and whipped cream topping?! ewww...
    ;)

haha love it man! looks good!

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice small setup.

13. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Awesome set-up man. Mine should be done soon too (hopefully) and i hope it looks half as nice :D

14. If Ibanez made their Prestiges with a maple fingerboard, that would be almost perfect. If they did, I might have to give Ibanez another shot (I've owned 3 Ibanez guitars and LOVE them, but stopped being a fan when I waited 4 months for a top of the line SDGR bass - and then found out the pickups weren't picking up evenly - and then the series was discontinued - my $1000 investment can now be found on ebay for $200 :crying: ).

Glad you'll enjoy it - it's a shame that I can't stomach cream cheese in anything...except on a bagel...

You'll love the six strings! Opens up a whole new world of tonal possiblilies and style development...and that's what it's all about!

Enjoy - and thank your parents like crazy!!!!

15. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    yah, a maple board would've looked sweet on this! I love it anyways though. Thanks for the kind words, and I hope my small setup will get bigger in a few months!

Greg

16. I'm calling dibs incase you ever plan to get rid of anything!

~Ryan

17. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    By far the nicest Ibanez I have ever seen. Looks like an awesome setup you got there, congrats!

18. I'd always go second hand on ampeg gear, but im glad you like it :)

Im a huge Ibanez fan, and, damn im still loving that bass!!!

19. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Don't forget it, either, ya snotnose punk ya! I'm into the "paying for my kids' expensive hobbies" stage, too. Fortunately they haven't hit me up for $2500 worth of stuff, but they've gotten up in the hundreds.

Best of luck with the stuff. It should do well for you. Me, I'll take the Mexican Jazz, but I wouldn't mind a crack at that amp you got.

20. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Very nice!

I checked out your other pics too!

Congrats!

:D

Joe.