new family pic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by john turner, Aug 5, 2001.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    until i get a better pic (w/ me in it :D) this one will have to do - with the new bass and the new fretless neck on the bolton...

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Someday... Someday they will be mine!!!

But until then.. back to my 6 String.
  3. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    I am drooling all over my keyboard. Now look what you made me do JT....again. It seems your collection just keeps getting better and more exotic.

Is there no end to this madness :D

I think we should start having bass showers. They will be like baby showers only for your new basses.
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Very nice!! I really need to go over and say hi to your basses--I mean, say hi to you, of course. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  5. Something about those Conklins remind me of the broom from Fantasia.. dun de dun da da da da dun

Run for your lives! They're comming!!!!!

:eek: nice basses :)
  6. Where's the cat?

How about posting a link to a high-res pic? That pic really doesn't do your family justice.

- Dave
  7. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Sometimes I think he post pics like this just so his ego can get bigger :D. J/k
  8. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wow a forest of Seven stringers!!! That's something that you don't see everyday unless you're John Turner :D What a minute those are John's basses. Well learn something new everyday,cool collection John.
  9. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    *Hippie Enviormentalist Voice On*
    Think of all the innocent, beautiful trees you killed so you could have your precious 7-stringed basses
    *Hippie Enviormentalist Voice Off*
  10. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
  11. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

THAT is the true question here. That was the FIRST thing I thought of when I saw that picture:D
  12. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah. thats a nice collection you have there John.... I saw some pics of you at the Namm show. hehe.. you have too many basses. You should give me one. If someone will just give me a 7-string bass then I will have a reason to have one. Just make all contributions to "Jim Hendrix wants a 7-string bass" fund. thank you have a nice day.. hehe :)

13. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

Gawd man....I just realized something.....

You probably have more invested in bass STANDS than I do in my entire bass!
  14. Hmmmm......

Say there,JT ole buddy,ole pal? Howz bout takin` a mighty nice redheaded 10 yr old(from hell) for one of them thar citified basses?? :D :D

Come to think of it....bad call that long hair of yours would be pulled all out(by yourself) after one week....hmmmm......forget about it! :D

Great Pic brother!

15. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    that's 64 strings total (if i counted correctly)

how often do you change strings?!?! :D

16. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    They'd look a lot better if they were lefties :D
    hehe :p

nice basses btw
  17. FWIW, I can totally see where John is coming from here. When you find a luthier who will work with you personally, it's very tempting to always have some project going. I've got something similar going with Hanewinckel Guitars. My 2nd Hanewinckel is almost done and I'm planning on getting a 7-string piccolo after that. After that one, I'll probably get a higher-end 7 or 8-string with more custom specs ( perhaps with Lightwaves and MIDI! ). I can see myself acquiring several more over the years to come.

- Dave
  18. :eek: careful John, you may end up giving Conklin so much money that he retires :eek: early to the bahamas! Still nice basses.. What does that 2 necked one weigh?
  19. But the REAL question is what is your fav.? I coudn't imagine having more than 1 bass at a time because i would play my favorite one and the other(s) would get jealous and hang me by their strings. :eek:
  20. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hee hee - that's a good one :D

and yeah, i like the idea of a bass shower - you guys could get me little booties for all my basses...wouldn't they be cute? :D

i need to get a new pic, and i'll make sure that the cats are in there too - they're not allowed downstairs in the practice room.

as for the 10 year old, that actually might work out - i need a roadie :D i'd whip him into shape in no time. actually, i don't need a roadie :( we don't have any gigs planned any time soon, unfortunately.

now all i need is for bill to finish the 8 string fretted, and i'm done.

no lie.