Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Fast Eddie Music Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Jonesy4fnk, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

So one of my bands just released a new album "The Kids Dig It". Any fans of Tool, King Crimson, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, etc may enjoy this album.

Take a listen and/or buy one if you like it...

FAST EDDIE MUSIC CONSPIRACY ALBUM

Thanks for checking it out, any comments/suggestions are welcome.

jonesy

2. Jonesy4fnk

damn...not even a "you guys suck" critique. Oh well.

3. Phe

Phe

May 30, 2005
    Oulu, Finland
    Nah, you guys rock! Added you as a friend today on myspace. Really liked that stuff (and loved Naked Jungle as well)!

4. Jonesy4fnk

sweet...thanks man.

5. Jonesy4fnk

just to update...

for Annapolis locals the album is now also available at Tower Records, Acousticopia, and Garrett Park Guitars.

6. Jonesy4fnk

Review of the album from the upcoming Dec issue of Cheasapeake Music Guide.

Artist: Fast Eddie Music Conspiracy Title: The Kids Dig It Label: Self Issued Web: fasteddiemusic.com
    By Michael Macey
    mmaceymedia@Comcast.net.

When I listen to a piece of music for the first time, I do so without the benefit of lyric sheets or liner notes. I just like to get a first impression based on what I'm hearing, not what I'm seeing or reading. What I immediately liked about The Kids Dig It from Fast Eddie Music Conspiracy was the slightly retro sound that the record has. We're talking circa 1969 sounds, like the tune Into the Void, with its Floyd-ish Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun psychedelic vibe or the heavy metal thud of 6 East, that recalls early Black Sabbath. It has a decidedly heavy-handed sound, but there are a few touches of pop and enough wonderfully weird noises to keep you sufficiently entertained and pummeled for just over an hour. Then I read the liners. Fast Eddie Music Conspiracy has a message, and it's not pretty. It's a world of... hell, I'll just let them tell you. "As the End Credits roll backwards towards the beginning of the end, the opening shot reveals in the first few frames the details to decode the final dissolve... inspiration, perversion and corruption conspired to pollute and inspire... to breathe within without among and between... to break, to brake, to destroy destructive patterns, to slow down... reflection, recollection, recreation, recognition, read evolution, realization..." the realization that maybe you're a cog caught up in some crazy machine, pledging allegiance In the Name of the Machine, willingly or unwillingly feeding the fires of the empire, contributing to man's arrogant battle against nature and man finding ways to impose his will on nature and man, in doing so, loses his humanity and becomes more insect like, living and working in service of the hive..." and so it goes. Be warned, it's a pretty heavy ride. Titles like Boot To the Head and Monstrosity tell more of the story. Despite its gloomy tone, there's a whole lot of interesting music going on here, plus it sounds really good on headphones.

With the “everything that's old is new again”, and the “we wouldn't be where we are today without what happened yesterday” history of music, Fast Eddie Music Conspiracy takes a classic hard rock sound and attitude and puts it squarely and loudly in your face, all the while maintaining a steady foothold in the present. Songs like Boot To the Head and Root Canal /Thematically Modified Jam, owe as much to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the current alternative music scene as to anything. It’s funk meets punk meets jam band, with some industrial metal and tribal rhythms thrown in for good measure. All played with a fierce determination that screams “LISTEN TO ME”! Produced by FEMC and Ryan Cullen, the sound is what you would expect, big and loud, but not so big and loud that you can't hear all the little nuances in the music going on around you. I personally enjoyed the experience.

While The Kids Dig It certainly will not appeal to everybody, I know it will appeal to a certain segment of the population that approaches their music with an open and adventurous mind. Heavy in nature, but melodic in tone, it's loud, sometimes disturbing and even a little jarring. But I know one thing, this kid digs it, and in my world that's all that matters.