1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New father here.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dreads311, Mar 4, 2013.

1. I'll officially be a father tomorrow night/Wednesday morning. It's my first. Little girl we named Evayne. Wish me and Angel (my lovely ladybird) some good mojo and luck!

2. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Congratulations

3. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    Congratulations... It is as close to being like GOD that we can get for now.. and it is a WONDERFUL thing indeed!

4. Congrats and good vibes headed your way.

5. airborne_jeff

airborne_jeff

Jan 8, 2013
    Land O Lakes, FL
    75% of all statistics are completely made up
    Congrats. Little girls are rough, lol. My oldest (daughter) is turning 18 in April, and my girlfriend is pregnant currently. You are in for one helluva ride. :D

6. Good Luck!! The first 3 [DEL]weeks[/DEL]/[DEL]months[/DEL]/[DEL]years[/DEL]/decades are the worst. Good news is they are also the best!

7. Congrats on the baby girl to be. Our daughter is 11 years old, going on 20.

Some words of wis-dumb.

1) If you haven't given up yet, do it. It will make your life much easier.
    2) If you are lucky, as I was, your daughter will do up your hair, nails, and make up. Take pictures.
    3) Saying "I have a daughter" separates people into those who understand, and those you don't care about.
    4) Be the kind of guy you would want your daughter to date. Someday. A long time from now.
    5) Digital cameras are wonderful. Take lots of pictures.
    6) Treat mama special, she brought your daughter into this world.

Most of all...... Enjoy.

edg

8. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Congratulations and all the best to you and your wife.

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Man, there is nothing on this Earth any better than a little girl. I used to think I wanted a boy, but after seeing my baby dance across the floor while I strum a few chords on the guitar, I wouldn't trade the world for her. Put fairies, sparkles, flowers, and pink on everything, I say.

You are about to do the hardest/best thing you have ever done. Congrats! I'll send whatever kind of positive energy you believe in (prayers for me).

10. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

Congratulations!!! Girls are harder than boys, but they're very, very special. You are the man by which she will measure every guy she ever meets...from pre-school to her old age. Teach her that she's important, capable, and worthy. Let her paint your fingernails. Drink the water from the bathroom sink out of teeny plastic teacups (try not to think about how the only water that's easy to reach in there doesn't come from the sink ;) ). Acknowledge her imaginary friend. Tell her she's beautiful just the way she is...and mean it. Let her wrap you around her little finger. Enjoy the magic. Best to you and your growing family.

11. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Congratulations, I had my first daughter 21months ago. I have truly never heard anything more beautiful than when she says "Papa!" when I come home from work. Your girl will bring more joy to your life than you can imagine.
    Good luck, and sleep when you can!

12. Thank you all for the kind words and advice! We're still in labor but any time now! Crazy.

13. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    No, crazy comes later! :D

14. msact

msact Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Somewhere in NJ
    As a father of two eight year old girls, I can tell you that there is no better feeling than the love your daughters give you every day. A daughter will give you back the love you give to her many times over and you will be a superhero in her eyes. Good luck and god bless!

15. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Awesome congratulations!

16. Goatee220

Goatee220 Bassist/Photographer/Goalie Gold Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Spring City, PA
    Congrats from a fellow Philly bassist and new(ish) Dad! It's pretty awesome. Enjoy every moment of it.

17. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Congrats!!!

My baby girls are 14 and 8, and they're the most special/amazing/beautiful/terrifying/agonizing things in my life. Nothing beats the words, "I love you, Daddy." Especially when they don't follow it up with asking me for something.

18. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    To be more specific, she's in labor and you're on TalkBass. ;)

19. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Congratulations! Good luck!

20. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Congrats to you you significant other. That's great!