1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Favorite Distortion Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bcgd, Feb 23, 2013.

1. bcgd

bcgd

May 27, 2008
    Yes, I know it's really a guitar pedal but I finally found what I was looking for! All the bass overdrive/distortion pedals I've heard all sounded too fuzzy, farty, bassy (not really a word), and rob me of the tone I like; lot's of edge in the mid and high-end. I also play a semi-hollow bass so that added a whole other layer to things.

Today I scored this awesome little guy for $39 at a local shop and couldn't be happier. It even conforms to my pedal rule: no more than three knobs.:aok

[​IMG]

2. I love my ProCo Turbo RAT.

3. 3 knobs as well.

4. bcgd

bcgd

May 27, 2008
    I tried that one too! You're right, it does sound great. This one was second but won because of price.

5. How does it sound in a band setting? Stand out/get lost/does alright?

6. bcgd

bcgd

May 27, 2008
    Couldn't tell ya. Just got it last night. That and I'm not in a band.

7. HunterBurgan4Me

HunterBurgan4Me

Mar 6, 2010
    Only like 3 knob or less pedal? No Graphic Equalizers? No DI's?

Eh I quite like all the MXR pedals with only one knob but at the same time I'm also loving the totally elaborate pedals that are laden with options too.

8. I just bought the Demon King. It doesn't have three knobs, but it has three footswitches! Does that count?

From what I've heard, it could very well be my favorite distortion/fuzz pedal.

9. arthur31686

arthur31686

Mar 7, 2011
    I'm in the "less knobs is better" camp. Plug in, tweak some minor settings, play and after the first song then turn one or two knobs a bit to compensate for the venue.

10. bcgd

bcgd

May 27, 2008
    Nope. I have a 12-band EQ in my pre-amp and no use for a DI.

11. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.