New Favorite snack!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick Bibeault, Mar 24, 2003.

1. I just tried some peeled baby carrots with a garlic herb dip and it is strangly addicting. It is so good!!
    Any one else have a favorite vegie type snack food?
  2. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    yes hummus is awesome. then i like bagettes with a garlic spread that i make. then pecan pie. mmmmmmm pecan pie mmmmmmm.
  3. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Used to go through crouton (sp.?) bags like there was no tomorrow.
  4. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    ohh come one....this is way to health. Anyone up for dipping carrots in bacon thats a meal.

Well Seriusly I like a lot of the fruity yogurt things. IT is not vegetable but it is a little healthier.
  5. yup, hummus is good and i completely forgot this was all good for me. So far I have almost gone through a 2lb bag of baby carrots!!:eek:
  6. Raw broccoli's ok, I like to eat it with salted peanuts.
  7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I eat my old bass strings. Very good source of minerals and vitamins, especially if you leave them on your bass for 6 months.
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Home-made tomato salsa, sometimes plus refried beans and cheese.
    Tortillas or nachos, the more the better :cool:
  9. i like broc., caulliflower, carrots, and celery in ranch dip. just got some last night for today. oh, and cucumbers in italian dressing, or vinegar and oil wth onions, or ranch dip. sliced tomato with cottage cheese on it with a little salt and pepper. or just with salt on the sliced tomato. pickles dipped in peanut butter. yummy :D
  10. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Cheese & spinach dip! To this day it's the only way I will eat spinach.
  11. RAIHL

RAIHL Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Tucson, AZ
    Hummus is yummy!
    I like boiled soy beans, salted.........and of course
  12. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    I like.. spicier nacho doritos!

hey.. whats this hummus you people speak of? :confused:

..Wait.. is this a pokemon character??!

God I hope not, I thought its 15 minutes of fame was up.
  13. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Isn't he that Bass Player all the TB folks pick on?
  15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    My old title on TB used to be "Hummus-Maker Supreme." Hummus is ground-up chick peas mixed with sesame tahini and lemon juice. It also usually contains garlic, oil, and salt, and other spices like cumin and tumeric. It can be made into all sorts of different flavors and textures, and is quite easy to make if you have a food processor. Store stuff usually tastes much different than homemade stuff, although Tribe of Two Sheiks Eggplant Hummus (Baba Ganoush) is excellent.
  16. Uhm...does Green Machine Naked Juice count?
  17. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    THEY'RE MINE! BACK OFF!!! :mad:

:D actually, we're now two-for-two for people having to spit them out after 5 seconds... :D

my favorite snack has always been tostitos, but i've been hitting the sushi pretty hard lately. also, Ritter Sport chocolate with the biscuit inside rocks really hard as well.
  18. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    What . . . is it? I'm not sure I want to know. . .

Hummus is good. Gives my mouth blisters after a while though. Other chip dip faves include black bean dip and some green tomato / serrano chile salsa they have at my store.

I've been going through a lot of yogurt honey peanut Balance Bars lately.

I used to scarf unfrosted strawberry Pop Tarts every day, but I gave them up.