1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Fender American Dlx Precision versus 2001 Fender Hot Rod Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by growler571, Mar 27, 2015.

1. growler571

growler571

Sep 19, 2007
    Can someone please fill me on how the new Fender American Standard Precision Basses are compared to the 99-2001 Fender Hot Rod Precisions with the PJ pickup configuration? I am having trouble gettin the PJ pickups to blend much at all unless they are turned all the way up and I am thinking about selling the Hot Rod for a new American Deluxe P bass. Are the American Deluxe Precisions as loud as the Hot Rodded Precisions or are the pickups quite a bit lower output? And also how do the pickups blend on the American Deluxe. Are you able to blend different amounts of the P and J pickups ro does it have the typical VVT syndrome that the Hot Rod and other PJ basses seem to have. Any info grealty appreciated Thanks. Growler571