1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Fender American Vintage, No basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by P Bass Legend, Aug 21, 2012.

1. P Bass Legend

P Bass Legend

Jul 15, 2011
  2. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Fender already offers AV basses. Here's mine:

AV57Precision.

3. P Bass Legend

P Bass Legend

Jul 15, 2011
    I know, I have one as well, but what I'm saying, is that I don't see any new basses at the moment.

Looks like they discountinued the 57 and 62 strats and teles, hope they don't do the same with the basses.

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I've heard there is a possibility that they may be slightly revamping the line in the new year. It's just a rumor and speculation, but it was straight from Fender.

5. makaspar

makaspar Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I'm sure they wouldn't drop the basses all together - their web team has done this before.. Click on basses, click on a series that has it's own section (AV, RW, Sel, etc), and the guitars and basses from that series are all together.. Since they didn't update the basses (yet?), they left them off with no way to get to the current line..

Either way.. I'm sure they'll be revamping the line - adding a couple of models? What will the line up look like?

'51p?
    '54p?
    '57p
    '63p & j
    '69j?
    '75p

6. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    :hyper:

7. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    If they do expand this into the bass line, I'm curious if we'll see some more colors available. Looking at the guitars, I see:

2-Color Sunburt
    3-Color Sunburst
    Aged White Blonde
    Black
    Faded Sonic Blue
    Olympic White
    Dakota Red
    Butterscotch Blonde
    Lake Placid Blue
    Candy Apple Red
    Aztec Gold

I would not be able to resist a P in Faded Sonic Blue with Rosewood and clay dots

8. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    The clay dots would be awesome

Since it looks like they added a ton of guitar models, I'm wondering if they are going to have a stack knob J bass and a VVT J bass model now. Like a 61' and a 63' or something.

9. My guess would be

P-bass
    1952 (slab bass)
    1957 (the one we know now)
    1959 (that would replace the '62)

J-bass
    1960 (Stack Knob)
    1963 (VVT)
    or
    1966 (VVT with binding around the neck)
    1975 (blocks & binding)

10. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Just to be clear, the dots were never actually "clay," but rather asbestos floor tile ripped out of the old factory and salvaged by the ever thrifty Leo :) I seriously doubt Fender has recreated this exactly in the revamped reissues.

11. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    The current AVRI line are some extremely fine instruments. I would love to get a '51 or '59 P without having to go Custom Shop.

12. bombpop14

bombpop14

Apr 10, 2010
    Irvine, California USA
    Endorsing Artist Ampeg Amps
    I just want them to do the '75 Jazz in more colors than natural....

13. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
  14. jwj1701

jwj1701

Nov 17, 2011
    Lexington KY
    You may still get your wish down the road. A lot of the series continue to add models at a later date. The blacktops added after the initial release. The modern player series started without a stratocaster. Go figure.

15. jwj1701

jwj1701

Nov 17, 2011
    Lexington KY
    You may still get your wish. Other series like the blacktop and modern player have added models well after there initial release.

16. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    I would love a 1975 Precision in Black, Mocha, and Natural with maple and black pick guard, with a thumb rest on the treble side, and covers. That, and a 69 Mustang bass. Of course, I would love fender to make a coronado, but I doubt that will happen.

17. jwj1701

jwj1701

Nov 17, 2011
    Lexington KY
    Sorry about the double post folks. iPhone / 3G crapped out.

18. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    It's interesting that the 70s guitars were dropped. I wonder if they will still make a 72 thinline.

19. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    That's how my luck works. Drooled over a Custom Shop 59 in white blonde for over 6 months. Couldn't justify the extra coin over a 57 AVRI. Bought the 57, return period ends and now Fender announces new AVRI models. If it happens, I'll need ideas on how to convince the wife a rosewood board and non-raised poles are worth the price of admission.

20. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    A 54 P would be great.