1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new fender amps!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lucas G, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Lucas G

Lucas G

Jan 14, 2007
    masury, OH
    i couldn't find a thread on these. this just arrived in my inbox from fender. new tube stuff! new cabs!

http://www.fender.com/fba/

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    I think they have only been shipping for a a few days. Last week, MF and the like were not shipping, but they now show in stock.

I would love to try one of these. I have a little 150 Bassman that just love. I'm sure these are just a lot more and better of that kind of vibe.

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I was very interested until I read that the TB-600C combo is 102lbs!!!!!

Why the hell is it that heavy. I might as well drag my SVT and 4x10 to rehearsal!

4. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    The wave of future/past makes landfall: as bass amps finally get small, light, powerful, and with the tone that can replace tubes, huge, heavy tube amps and 2x15 cabs will become boutique vogue.

Maybe the roadie union threatened action... ;)

5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA

Just the head specs at 48 pounds. I'm not sure why it is so heavy, but it is. I have a TF-550B that is nowhere near that heavy. My Eden wasn't that heavy either.

6. these are hybrids arent they? blah, idk they do sound better that ss, but not a good as ALL TUBE, still ill have to try them out for sure due to my unwavering respect to fender

7. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    Looks like TB-1200 is still based off the old Sunn 1200S design. I like the footswitch though.

8. StoBro

StoBro

Jun 2, 2007
    Chicagoland
    Since Fender already owns SWR and Genz-Benz, why are they bothering with new Fender brand bass amps? Is there a signature Fender bass amp sound they're trying to capture that I'm unaware of?

9. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    Well I have played the 300 Pro and let me tell you that thing its sweet, better than the SVT Pros, I think Fender Amps are underated

10. Damn Straight.

11. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    +10000 those 300watt all tube fender/sunn heads are hands down my favorite amp i've ever played through. one of these days...

12. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The Fender TBP-1 preamp gets a lot of love around here- people say it's one of the fattest, warmest, tubiest voicings you can hope for, alongside classics like the Alembic F1-X. So yes, there is a "Fender sound" that is very different from the SWR and GB sounds. If the 600W head wasn't 48 lbs, I'd totally be all over it.

13. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I really wish I had the need for one of these. If I was to get a dedicated preamp for recording DI, I think it would be the TBP-1. It's all that. I'm not a fan of the Fender tone stack for bass, but in the TBP-1's case I would make an exception. But I think I'm done buying amps for a while. I have enough to do everything I want to do, so why buy more? Because it's there?

Well, yeah!

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021