Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new fender Bassman 100 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joseph12, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Joseph12

Joseph12

Jul 5, 2002
    Check out this new little fender combo: 100 watts/10" speaker/XLR out and get this, just 25 pounds!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/480871/

Anybody heard anything about it?, I'm hoping it's going to be as well received as the recently discontinued Bassman 25; just louder and lighter, am I hoping for too much? What do you think they have done to get the weight down this low?

There's also a 150 watt 12" combo that weighs 39 pounds.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/480872/

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Oh my...Those would be nice to have so I wouldn't break my back carryin my Peavey Basic 112...45 pounds >_<

3. Joseph12

Joseph12

Jul 5, 2002
    ..same here. I have a Roland DB-500 combo but the thing weighs 50 pounds. I might try out the Bassman 100 when it's available next month; if it doesn't cut through for rehearsal I'll just return it to MF.

4. so thats why they were clearing out the bassman's...

5. Hi,

I just ordered one of the new Bassman 100's and it should be coming in within the next couple of weeks. I will let you know my opinions if anyone is interested.

Yes, I know I am buying it sight unseen, but I have had many Fender products and based on the strengths of the discontinued Bassman 25, I figured I would give it a shot. Besides, I could always return it if I am not satisfied.

I don't plan on gigging it, just looking for a nice good-sounding small amp that is portable and has some headroom. Tried the WM10, but it didn't cut it in my opinion.

FF

6. I just bought an SWR LA10 last October.

35 watts through 1 x 10; weight: 33lbs.

Sounds - OK.

$200.00

Oh well.

Mike

7. Joseph12

Joseph12

Jul 5, 2002
    Frankie,
    did you order it from musician's friend?

8. Yes, it is due in on the 31st this month.

FF

*Update* MF now lists it as being available Feb 1st. That is today. I called them and they still don't have it. Once they ship it, it takes about a week for it to get from Oregon to Massachusetts, so please sit tight along with me. :ninja:

9. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    I'm looking to replace my old Peavey minx110 and so far this looks like the best candidate I've seen. I'm interested in seeing how loud the 100w really is and if it's really 25lb!

10. ole Jason

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    It's Feb. 1 let's hear the review :D

11. tommytoughnuts

tommytoughnuts

Jan 26, 2005
    Honestly, i've never like fender bass amps. I have an Ampeg BA-115, and it is the bess amp i have ever had. I find it's quite light actually, and to make things even easier, i bolted a set of wheels to the bottom. GK also makes a 200 watt 2x10 combo that's nice, cheap, small, and relatively light. But if you really have your heart set on that fender, than go for it.

12. ole Jason

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    My jazz group practices at school so when we play I have to haul the combo up three flights of stairs. :) I like to take everything in one trip also. So anything over 35 pounds or so can get very uncomfortable.

13. Ditto on that, I already have a B100R for loud rehearsals. I'm just looking for a small, light, quality amp for solo practicing with my ipod and maybe a little more. I'm hoping the sound equals the pricetag or back it goes.

I tried the WM10 but I'm not a big fan of the SWR sound, so maybe this will fit the bill! Besides, first kid on the block, too!

It still hasn't shipped. I don't know if they even came in yet. :meh:

14. ole Jason

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    My local shop got one of the ones with a 15". The guy said they originally shipped with a different pot than was ordered so they were going to send it back. I don't really understand what the deal was because he said it wasn't cheaper pots just different, but I didn't get to hook it up. He said they should have a 100 this week sometime so hopefully I can give it a shot.

15. That one looks good too, and the parametric mids are a nice plus! I considered the 150, but it is bassically the same size as my B100R - only lighter, and that has a fifteen in it!

16. Joseph12

Joseph12

Jul 5, 2002
    Frankie,
    Did you ever get that new Bassman 100?

Joe B

17. Bebump- any news here?

18. tramp

tramp

Mar 5, 2004
    South Louisiana
    I don't have the new bassman 100, but I did buy the new bassman 150 with the 12" speaker. I brought it to a gig the other night to try it out before I bought it. Although I was lined out thru the pa system, I was standing behind the horn section (we are a 7 piece 50's rock & roll band) and they can get loud if you know what I mean. I was able to hear myself with no problem. The other members could hear me as well. I had a good tone and the clarity was good. Spend the few extra buck and buy the bassman 150. You won't regret it.

Tramp