New Fender Bassman amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Russy, May 7, 2002.

1. Hi guys

I am thinking of bying the new fender bassman 100W or 200W. They sound pretty good ,but limiting in adding on speakers. Any of you have one them and what do you think of them.
  2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    the bassman seems good, but $900
    350 watts 210
  3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Two of my friends each have a Bassman 100. The one with a 15 and a tweeter. They ain't half bad. A lot better than the older Bassman's if you ask me. The downfalls of the amp are no extension speaker jack, which has been mentioned, and no tweeter attenuator, which makes it hard to get rid of the sizzle.
  4. SubDubMan

Apr 26, 2002
    i have the bassman 100, and i love it... it can get pretty loud, and useually has no problem being heard over my band... but i'd go with the 200w version just for the extra headroom. its up to you.
  5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Im happy with my Bassman 200.
  6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    hey what motor do you have in camaro.
    i am not a chevy fan.
    MOPAR all the way.
    my dad has a 72 plymouth duster with a 360 small block it runs 10:60's at 125. and it wieghs 3200
    10.5in. tire and still street legal.
    just say no to n20!
    no hood scoop either stock flat hood!
    i am so glad to see another car guy that also plays
  7. mopar punk, that makes 3 of us, I run a 69 camaro, blown and injected, hope to run some low 8 s this season. Those are good times you 2 guys are running.
    Russy, about the bassman amp, I had the 100 version, nice little amp for practice and such, but not enough to gig with, for me anyway. Now that I have a 410 cab, the 15 inch speaker in the bassman 100 seemed to lack some definition that I like in the 410.
    If you can save up some more bread the bassman 400 combo is a better choice in my opinion.....not that it is worth much anyway......
  8. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've seen the bassman 400 head for somethng like $559 in musicians friend or samash or somewhere on the net get that and a 1x12 much cheaper than $900.

9. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    great sounding solid state amps! love them