1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NEW Fender Bassman Series Arrives!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by loveboatcaptain, Jan 16, 2012.

1. loveboatcaptain

loveboatcaptain

Jan 6, 2009
    The New Fender Bassman Series arrives!

Fender Bassman® Pro Series

Now... i need an new amp and will def get a Fender, but can't decide whether to get either the new superbassman or bassman 100T, or the TB600/1200?

Does anyone know how the TB1200/600 heads sound in comparison to the new all tube heads or even the older 300pro head???

I'd love an all tube fender, they sounds perfect, but size and weight, reliability concern me which is why I started thinking about the TB1200/600 option as they are apparently meant to emulate this tone!

What's peoples views??

2. Cool, I watched the Matt Freeman video and I think it sounds really good. I'm not in the market for a Tube amp right now, but if I was I'd take a look at these.

3. loveboatcaptain

loveboatcaptain

Jan 6, 2009
    The 100T sound very interesting to me. Wonder exactly how powerful this thing is? is the 300 too much for your average size venue?

4. afroman

afroman Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Matt's tone is insane!
    That 100T is very tempting.

5. arthur31686

arthur31686 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I'm curious to see how soon you get natural grind on the normal channel. 100 tube watts can only get so loud without sounding a little crunchy. Of course I'm sure that crunch will sound great.

6. MiCK.GaSM

MiCK.GaSM

Jan 7, 2011
    It's definitely overkill. My Bassman 135 fills average venues at 7 or 8 on the dial. Looking at these new heads, it's a $400 difference between 200 watts so I think if I were going to spend that much on an amp, I'd go for the gold.

7. loveboatcaptain

loveboatcaptain

Jan 6, 2009
    Yeah I'd love to know what the 100T can do. or how it would compare volume wise to a Trace Elliot AH3ooSMC head with 1x15 cab or an Ashdown ABM 1x15 combo (575w).

A Bassman 150 or 200 would have been good

8. Seriously looking at selling some gear and going old school with these.
    Looking at the SuperBass 300 plus 410 cab mmmmmmm...with a 62 jazz...pinch me I'm dreaming......
    Had a Bassman 50 many...many...many..years ago - great to see these being re-released.
    The Neo cabs are cheap'ish but the amp is gonna sting a little.
    Forthat old school vibe - would you go Ampeg or Fender?...Hmmmmmm

9. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    I never had a Fender Bassman 100 or Bassman 135 head back in the seventies (and I owned a few) that went loud enough for me without overdriving, playing rock music in "average" venues, 100-300 size rooms. Loved the tone, they just wouldn't stay clean loud enough and I was running them into fairly efficient JBL 15 cabs. If they have waved some sort of magic wand over the 100 to increase clean volume I would be tempted, but in my limited time tryoing ne out it seemed (not surprisingly and meybe to its credit) very similar.
    For old school vibe I still think Ampeg, but I will be going back to have another look at that 100T on Monday.......

10. Tony Franklin, Mikey Way, Jonathon Jameson, Mike Dirnt, and Matt Freeman are all Bassman Pro artists. Hmm, whaddya think their target audience is? :eyebrow:

Nifty look, and cool features.

Also, there's a whole lotta P-Bass goin' on with the selected artists. All of those guys have notably played P-Basses, all in rock formats. Interesting..