new Fender Dimension IV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rbud2003, Jan 16, 2004.

1. rbud2003

Feb 21, 2003
  2. I dont think it looks too bad at all...a bit plain...but not horrible.
    The headstock looks alot like a Jackson too IMO
  3. Thats a cool bass, BUT!....

What makes me more happy is that they're coming out with the telecaster deluxe guitar from the 70's, those were SO cool!!!
  4. I like it!

If they make a wide 5, I'd like to try one.

5. That '72 looks mean! :D
  6. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    It's ok, but what really cought my eye was the Mike Dirnt bass. That looks great.
  7. I know!...I love it!...I like the tele with the large strat headstock!
  8. This might be Fenders best line of products to come out in a while from looking at the pics.
    Although i wouldnt want to get ahead of the game until i actually tried some of them and read some info on their specs.
  9. dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    Didn't they already do this...

Called it a Prophecy? (Looks real similar to me anyway)

10. What's up with the new American Deluxes? Seem the same.
  11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My opinions:

Aerodyne™ Stratocaster® -- What's the purpose? Capitalize off bass sales?
    Aerodyne™ Telecaster® -- See above.
    '72 Tele Deluxe® -- favorite variation of my favorite guitar!
    Roscoe Beck Bass IV -- Now I have to get an RBIV and an RBV!!!
    Mike Dirnt Signature Model -- If this thing comes with a maple board, I'm all over it!
    '59 Bassman® LTD -- This could be fun with the 72 Tele!
  12. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    P-Bass Lyte II: Electric Bugaloo
  13. My brother has a '73 Tele Deluxe - I hope these reissues are half as good.

Oh, and what's up with the P-Bass Jr.? Are we talking Musicmaster size or "travel" size?
  14. :eek:

Wow, Tumbao - did Fender read my post or something? :D When I checked their site before, I don't remember seeing that one. I like it - wish we could see some natural finishes. :)
  15. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.

I now have more respect for them for FINALLY coming out with a new(Ish) design.

Those Fender guys are stubborn, but I guess you cant really beat a Classic.
  16. Yes its a new shape...

Ibanez meets Yamaha meets Peavey meets something or other..

Not Orignal at all...but still its new I guess...looks like the elecys out of the Zone basses...i thoguht they werent half bad..sound pretty terrible on their own but seem to fit in the mix pretty nicely when ive worked with live bands with bass players who've used them.

17. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    Mmm... that TC-90 looks awesome.

Can't say I like the Dimension.
  18. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Looks like a turd with "Fender" on the headstock. Never liked Fender basses much, and this is possibly the worst looking bass they have made to date. There are about 500 $100 basses floating around under all kinds of little-known names that look virtually identical to the "new" dimension aside from the control setup. I'll pass...
  19. has anyone played the demension 5 yet? from the look of it I think I may be catching a case of GAS :hyper: :( :crying:
  20. Kind of reminds me of those Heartfields from the early 90s.