New Fender J Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StingRay5guy, Dec 28, 2004.

1. StingRay5guy

StingRay5guy Guest

Oct 14, 2004
    I just got a new fretless Fender Jazz Bass. It's my first fretless bass so I didn't want to spend $1000+ on it. I just want to modify it a little. Anybody have any ideas? I was pondering over the idea of replacing the pickups but not to sure. Well, let me know what you think. Thanks.
  2. Jackson E

Jackson E Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2004
    East Nashville, Tn.
    The best thing you could do is send it to Harris Thor and have him epoxy the fingerboard. You will never want to put the bass down. It will sound and play amazing, and if you still want a change you can always change the pickups. I recommend bartolinis. Here is Harris's website:
  3. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Man! Thor's work looks amazing!

I'd get it done, but I don't know if it'd be worth paying $235 for the epoxy and setup of the MIM Jazz fretless I just paid $150 for. LoL
  4. StingRay5guy

StingRay5guy Guest

Oct 14, 2004
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm already on Thor's list to get the coat on my fretboard and my pickups should be in about a week. I was considering Bartolini in the first place. Glad someone else likes 'em.