1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW FENDER "Jag-Star"....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mpoppitt, Feb 29, 2008.

1. mpoppitt

mpoppitt

Mar 28, 2005
    Austin Texas
    .....Not really, just one I always wish I had:

ad2.

-I always thought the Jag body would look cool flipped over, kinda like a Fender Thunderbird. Since most rock players I know don't play much higher than the 12th fret, I wouldn't worry too much about fret access.

-For those who have never heard Dark Star pickups they are the s**t!

-33" Scale with a narrow 'Jazz' neck to appeal to the Rick crowd, and to make the weight more balanced.

Well, at least I think it's cool.......

2. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Gurgh. Not inot the reverse body. Or the fancy top. Just not my style. I'm all for a shortening the Jag's scale and adding a DS, though.

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    +1 Flip the body back and sunburst Swamp Ash Or A Hog Body and all would be cool that would be one killer bass. too bad Fender never listens to the consumers.

4. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Damn thats super hot. Good for fender for trying something different. I wish it came in solid colors with a pickguard. Im also not sure how much id dig 33 in scale. I detune quite a bit and that could get annoying. My interest is definately peaked.

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

IS that Japanese or MIM or MIA?;)

I kinda like the idea of having a TBird style body with darkstars!

6. mpoppitt

mpoppitt

Mar 28, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Tweaked the shape a bit so the bottom 'horn' isn't so exaggerated. I always liked Firebirds, Mosrites, and guitars ofset the OTHER way, but here is an non-reverse ash too:

comp.

Can you tell I'm bored this morning......

7. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I can deal with the reverse body stye and the dual Dark Stars, but align the controls horizontally, throw a chrome, 50's P control plate on there with a pickup selector, give it a tele, matched finish headstock, and make it black, you've got yourself a customer, sir. A custom tort pickguard would give it a little more ZAZZ, also...

SERIOUSLY, they should make these... good show!!!

8. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    You realize it's not an actual product, right?

9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I've always liked the look of reverse bodies, but can't stand the way they actually hang. Left-arm/hand killers. Maybe it would be cool with a Steinberger "boomerang" strap-mount system behind the body.

10. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Not a fan of the reverse body, but cool otherwise

11. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    :eyebrow::rollno:

12. Nice pic and idea. I would consider the first one with the dual pickups (if it was an actual product). Personally not a huge fan of "wood finishes", but I know a lot of people are.

13. svtbass

svtbass Supporting Member

Finally, a Fender with neck dive!:D

But it does look kind of cool. I like the look of the standard Jaguar with Dark Stars.

14. mpoppitt

mpoppitt

Mar 28, 2005
    Austin Texas
    I think it looks better in wood. While I wouldn't be adverse to solid color paint, I think a pickguard and control plate break up the look.

white.
    color3.

I was thinkin' a more 70s vibe. Now that Fender owns Guild, I think the mahogany/Dark Star combo is entirely appropriate....

mahog.

Ok Fender, send payment to...........

15. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Upper fret access = lost.

Cool look though. Something about your body wood choices have me wondering. Maple is too bright. Perhaps alder with a maple top would be better as you get a nice even sounding wood with a great look on the top.

16. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    I dig them a LOT!!!

17. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

I like it.

Single pickup. P-bass neck.

I would buy one.

18. mpoppitt

mpoppitt

Mar 28, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Thanks for all the replies.

Where might I find somebody to make one of these bodies? I'd probably do it in mahogany or ash to keep it simple, and hopefully more affordable. I'd like to think around $300 for the body would be about right.

19. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

You could sell a lot of them....to lefties like me! :D