Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW FENDER JAGUAR is here!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johans, Jan 31, 2006.

1. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    ordered last week from music123.com and arranged for drop ship from fender :) it is in my bedroom now!!

2. BasStefan

BasStefan Guest

then post some pics and a review!! :)

3. mlove

mlove

Jun 12, 2005
    yes. please do

4. Cool!

Yeah, we need pics now! :D

5. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    I demand pics and a review now!!:mad:

6. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I read somewhere that if there's no pictures then it doesn't exist! :)

7. The forum rules. No pic, no bass!

I have the new Fender catalog, they look pretty cool.

8. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I played one yesterday. They're really pretty cool. They're active, Made in Japan, and feel and sound better than the MIM Jazz next to it. The two knobs are Master Vol, Master Tone. The three switches on the bottom seem to be pickup series/parallel, though I'm not completely sure. One or two combinations yielded silence- I can't remember which ones were up and which were down to get that, though. The two thumbwheels up top are Bass and Treble, with a switch for the preamp. Plays really well, feels like a short-scale even though it's not. Very cool, if it was available in 5, I might consider one. The black looks killer with the matching headstock, though the red is slaying too, especially in direct sunlight coming in through the door. First Fender in a while I've actually been kind of impressed with! Usually I'm kinda "Meh..." about them.

9. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    coming up soon!! :D

10. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    OKAY!!!

so here's the pic thread, un-edited at all (i know nothing about photoshop), taken in weird angle at my bedroom, no good clear wall to stand it on .. so here's my new baby on a Ultimate GS-100 stand, and photos are taken on 1mpix quality (about 500kb size each) with a Sony T5.

Here they are..
    [​IMG]

11. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    sorry for the huge loads :D

here are more...
    [​IMG]

12. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    more here...
    [​IMG]

13. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    here you are

[​IMG]

14. Nice, but be a little more selective in posting pictures. Nobody needs about ten times the same picture... Also, don't post blurry pics. And resize, my friend, is your best friend!

Nice bass btw. How do the controls work?

15. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    granted! :)
    pictures are as above

I AM REALLY impressed with this bass, it is really light and it is been a while since i touched any 4 string and this definitely has the best out of it

sleek looking, sharp chrome hardware, back battery compartment, aged abalone fret inlays, contoured and smaller body than Jazz. This is a really great bass!

we have 2 knobs, master volume and master tone, most fender users are very familiar with these in the lines of old fenders and squiers.

then 3 switch knobs, YES they are switches. We have one (closest to neck) is to ON/OFF neck pickup. Then middle one is to ON/OFF bridge pickup. Then the last is Parallel-Series option, obviously we need both pickups to be ON for him to try. the tonal posibility is almost endless, just by mixing and matching pickups really can make a difference. in my setting, i have both pick-ups ON, and set it to parallel to achieve fullest sound here.

above, near the upper horn has 1 switch and 2 sliders, when the switch is upwards, it is ACTIVE mode, thus the 2 sliders works (left is BASS, right is TREBLE). the sliders are only for active. when we set the preamp to PASSIVE (downwards), nothing will happen except a little weakened signal that this is happening. the voice is really very fenderish, something that i really want to own in my whole like of arsenal.

neck are glossed and pretty basic. the overall tone is funky and bright, since i am not trying it on my full bass rig, i can't really tell the difference if the bass (low) is low enough.

thanks!!
    let me know if you all need anything else :)

johan sie

16. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    yup2

sorry about it guys
    will try better next time

thanks!

17. Sweet, Man.

Those things look totally killer!

Congrats :)