New Fender Japan Models

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5fretless, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Folks,

Looks like Fender Japan have some interesting new gear for us - of interest to me is :

PB62FL - An unlined fretless 60's P-bass - sunburst with rosewood neck - I don't believe Fender made their first unlined fretless until the late sixties/very early seventies - still - looks good !

PB62-95DMC/JB62-100DMC - Sixties J and P-basses but with "vintage" di-marzio pick-ups

AJB-100 DMC - These are very interesting takes on the Aerodyne series - flame maple top and body edge binding - two single coil p/ups - available in red, blue, amber and dark flame - same colour on headstock

See them all below at the following URL

Oh dear I appear to have Fender Japan GAS again.........

2. kirin

Jan 11, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    wth - a jaguar in burst...and those P's do look nice

The Moon and Bacchus stuff caught my eye as well.

Can we order those in the states? What's yen to US dollar...and what kind of taxes are there?
  3. The Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass Ash (also on that page) is nicest playing and sounding Jazz that I've played. Has anyone here played it and a MIJ Jazz? How do they compare?

Paul Mac
  4. krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    Woah those new Aerodynes look the s**t :p
  5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I am a really BIG fan of the Japanese Fenders. I just bought a block inlay, all ash P-Bass from Apollon and it was a great experience. Shipping is a bit steep, but I had the bass, well-packaged and protected, in one week. In terms of color options and craftsmanship, the Japanese are far better than the American.
  6. JJD

Dec 13, 2005
    Bergen Co, New Jersey
    I recently played the Geddy Lee MIJ Jazz, wow!!!

It played better than the MIA Jazzes in the store, I was impressed, big -time!

They've come a long way, 11 years ago,
    I had a MIJ '60 re-issue, wasn't crazy about it, but the new MIJ's play great, namely that Geddy Lee model! I just might pick it up! Hey for $699, ya can't go wrong!
  7. joninjapan

Aug 13, 2003
    Tokyo, Japan
    most of the 'new' basses on that page were at the 2005 musical instruments fair held in Yokohama, wrote about it last year.

The fender prices are much less than I thought they would be.:)

time to go shopping:hyper:
  8. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Awesome. I really want a fretless P (lefty, of course.)
  9. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Wow....some wicked looking basses there!