Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Fender Jazz V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FreeSpirit, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Hey i just picked this up last night, from a local music shop. it is a 1997 Fender V Jazz MIA. i thought i got it at a really good price and thats almost the entire reason i got it, and i wa slooking around for a 5 for a while. hope you enjoy, cause i know i already have.

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    That's a very nice bass, congrats !

3. Looks good! I bought my MIM Fender Deluxe V from a guy who had just bought a bass just like that!

4. just a curiosity question, how much did you pay for the MIM V..? i'm just curious because to me this one seemed really cheap.

5. SICK!!! Mine's a '97 MIA Jazz V too... i gots me a black one. I love it!!!

6. My MIM V came with EMG pickups and the BTB-01 preamp, and I paid about $370. I then sold the EMGs (because they didn't fit the routes properly) and replaced them with Barts that fit the routes PERFECTLY. I have about $500 in the bass...

[​IMG]

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That'a s deluxe. Sweet bass.

8. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Very nice, man ... good luck with it! I have a '92 MIA 5, extremely solid bass.

Isn't it wierd that in spite all of the new beautiful designer/boutique basses that are out there, it just somehow always feels right when you get a good Fender? :) :) :)

9. i went in thinking " okay i don't need anothe Fender, i'll stay away from Fenders." but then afetr i looked at what they had in my price range ( aprox. 1000.00 Can) i saw this Jazz V Deluxe hanging in the corner with a regular price of $1650 down for $999. it was perfect and i love it now.

10. jokke_v

jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    How I love Fender Jazz V's.
    I don't own one yet, but it's definetely on my to buy list!!

There's just something about the neck on the Fender Jazz V's that makes my knees go all soft.. ..the string spacing and width on them just feels perfect for my likings. I don't think I would've liked the spacing that wide on another bass, but it feels just right on this one. And the neck is just as thick as it needs to be.
    In addition to that, they sound magnificent. At least the one's I've tried. :hyper:

11. Until I found a passive MIA J 5 for $425- now it's my cheapest & most requested bass (and I like them, now).