1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Fender products aimed at aging demographic

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Drucifer, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Not currently practicing Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Endorsements: your name could be here, Mr. Sadowsky!
    20201107_104000.jpg

2. Drucifer

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    I had a problem. Well, several. First, I did a Superman over the bars of my mountain bike and fractured and dislocated my right shoulder. The sling they gave me had a skinny shoulder strap that twisted and dug in. A light bulb went off in my head, and I was able to attach a nice padded Fender strap to the sling in a fully reversible way. My hemiarthroplasty is scheduled next week, but I'll likely be in the sling for the rest of the year :(

3. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Yikes! Get well soon man! I’ve had two separate “incidents” that left me unable to play bass or guitar for months and months, one of them involving a mountain bike! The second instance, I took up pedal steel guitar. I eventually got back to playing bass.

Drucifer likes this.
  4. So.....how’s the bike??

5. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Aging demographic? I could have used one of those in junior high when I broke my wrist. I thought maybe there was a Fender hearing aid now available, or a walker with a built-in Rumble amp.

6. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I have the Fender Mustang PJ LE. I have no idea what demographic they intended it for but it suits me just fine. I'm 68 and over two years into recovery from a minor stroke that messed with my right side.

Qlanq, Border, L Anthony and 2 others like this.
  7. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    My ears are fine but I could actually use a Rumble Walker, especially if it has a couple of wheels.

8. Drucifer

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Good shape, only needs new grips. May be for sale.

9. Bajo Clarkko

Bajo Clarkko

Aug 9, 2015
    I’m 60 and remain active, and work a physical job. (I work on cars.) Although I still have no problems playing my 34” scale Basses, I’m well aware that can change in a heartbeat.
    (I think my StingRays may have put on a little weight. ;) )

That having been said, when my friend offered me a good deal on his MIJ Fender Mustang, I snatched it up. The time will come when eventually, it’ll be my main Bass. It’s only a matter of time.

I wish you a speedy recovery, my friend.

design, gebass6 and Drucifer like this.
  10. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    That sucks.. Collarbone and shoulder injuries are very common with bike/motorbike accidents. I'm glad nothing more serious happened. Wishing you a speedy recovery my friend!

J. Crawford and Drucifer like this.
  11. MustangWally

MustangWally

Feb 5, 2019
    Houston TX
    My wife's VW Beetle has a Fender sound system, cant seem to see any tubes anywhere though.

Drucifer and Rip Van Dan like this.
  12. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Get well soon. Awesome contraption there.
    I’m 62 and my doc always tells me to be careful since I don’t have the same reflexes as I did years ago.

Drucifer likes this.
  13. I like it!

Drucifer likes this.
  14. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    weight?

15. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i think it's just another great "mod!" in your case: an upgrade! :D slick! ;)

design and Drucifer like this.
  16. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Glad you're not more badly hurt. A friend went over his bars mountain biking last spring and broke his neck. The recovery is long.
    Heal well and fast!

JRA and Drucifer like this.
  17. BassFishingInAmerica

BassFishingInAmerica

Jul 24, 2014
    Maybe Fender could make a walker
    7EF9DDDB-19B8-4230-8B13-990762612F76.jpeg

18. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    that sucks. i got a non-displaced impact fracture in my humerus this year and am still in physical therapy.

4BB9AC96-742E-4C8D-98B3-28975832621A.jpeg

Drucifer likes this.
  19. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Sorry about your endo! But cool sling! Remember, bodies heal, bikes don't. Get well.

Drucifer likes this.
  20. Sub-hoo-fer

Sub-hoo-fer

Nov 27, 2015
    Virginia
    I liked your post for your ingenuity not your pain. I hope you heal quickly and are back on the bike soon!

Drucifer likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020