1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Fender Reggie Hamilton: Weighs how much?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doc540, Sep 11, 2005.

1. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Several posters have said it was heavy. I haven't been able to find weight posted among its specs.

Just what is the weight of this alluring instrument?

2. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    I've stumped TB??? :hyper:

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    If it's not been posted on the Fender website, I'm guessing it's probably heavy :)

IME, light weight is generally not a priority at Fender. There are some exceptions - the Urge II and Victor Bailey Jazz come to mind.

4. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    NO ONE actually knows? :(

5. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    There's a new sheriff in town...........

6. Lalala

Lalala

Sep 15, 2005
    The Netherlands
    The Reggie I've tried at the shop was heavy... which I love :D I like my bass to feel like how it sounds... heavy

7. Larzito

Larzito

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I played one Saturday at Larry Morgan Music...yes, it was heavy...heavier than most if not all the other Fenders I played that day. Give them a call, they may weigh it for you. I'm thinking at least 11lbs...at least that's how it felt. Soundwise, it was very indistinct...then again, I was playing some custom shop beauties that has me lusting and gasing again...I knew I should have done yardwork instead of going to the music store...

8. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Thanks, LZ, that's exactly the kind of report I've been needing.