1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Fender Standard Precision body Loaded - revised to add pics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by htharp, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. htharp

htharp

Feb 4, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    This is a new Fender MIM Precision body in Midnight wine. It is a 2006 model body bought new in June 2007 from guitar Center. It is fully loaded and ready to go, just needs a neck and neck plate added to be a full guitar. I bought this for a project and sold the neck earlier. I was going to use it with a Jazz neck but just have too many projects around.

I am going to offer this 2 ways. My original idea was to trick it up a bit. I bought a GFS PB Pro alnico pickup and a genuine Fender aged pearl pickguard for it. I'll sell it with these installed for $175 - or - I'll put the original white guard and MIM pickup back in it for $150. Shipping will be $15 in the continental US. I never call things mint, but it has less than 1 hour playing time in my room only. Can't find a single flaw on it.

Attached Files:

2. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    Is it presentable without the pickguard? I know some of the MIMs have ugly routs in the body.

3. htharp

htharp

Feb 4, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Unusual question, I've never seen a Precision that wasn't routed the same way. Not a guitar I would use without a pickguard. However, a picture is the only way to answer your question so here you go.

Attached Files:

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Put a MIJ jazz neck on this mmmmmmmm

5. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Dang I have a MIJ P neck that I just rescued from the wall of my old room at my folk's house...

But I've bought too much gear on here recently...

6. contakt321

contakt321

Jul 31, 2006
    New York, NY
    PM sent

7. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    Yeah, I was thinking about Jazz bodies and got my wires crossed. I thought about it again after I posted and it somehow still made sense to me at the time. :)

8. htharp

htharp

Feb 4, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Posted it on Ebay this morning. I'll pull the ad and sell it to a a TB'r at this posted price until it reaches the reserve.

9. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    How did the pickup sound?

10. htharp

htharp

Feb 4, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    The alnico pickup was a touch smoother than the standard ceramic and I liked the power to which it was wound. I still have it and the Fender Pearl guard too if someone is interested in those. The GFS pickup requires a little dremel work to get the ears to fit through the guard and I've already done that to this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.