New Fender STD Jazz introduced

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassit, Dec 18, 2005.

1. bassit

May 24, 2005
    China Mainland
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I like the Reggie sig better.
  3. steve21

steve21 Banned

Reggie looks as though it has more tonal control.
  4. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Old news, they still look cool.
  5. bassit

May 24, 2005
    China Mainland
    :hyper: :hyper:

I like FRank's black ,but according to the functions, the Reggie one seems beyond, thank you all.
  6. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    One of each go!
  7. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    The Frankie bass is a not much more than an Aero Dyne bass (isn't that what they called it?).
    But the Reggie bass, which I played before, is really thought out in terms of electronics and woods. A great bass IMO.
  8. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    As with just about any "which is better" question, it depends on what you want. I'd say the Reggie is more versatile with its active/passive electronics, and if you prefer a Jazz neck that's the way to go. But if you prefer a P-bass neck and/or all-out hard rockin' mojo is your game, the Frank Bello would probably be the better choice.

I'd love a P/J bass with Quarter Pounder P pickup, so I'm very interested in the Frank Bello. I'd prefer a P-bass body and maybe a Jazz neck, but it's still cool. By the way, it's different from the Aerodyne in many ways: pickups; lack of tone control; string through/top load bridge; P-bass neck; flatter fretboard radius (like the Am. Ser. P-bass); and alder body instead of basswood. I also think it's slab bodied instead of curved like the Aerodyne, but I'm not sure.
  9. Reggie Hamilton for sho... I love it in black :D